To connect public sector professionals with their
colleagues, government partners and groups in a
knowledge sharing and learning community, enabling
them to access information that will improve their jobs,
their careers and their lives.
• Create a public sector network for collaboration & knowledge sharing
• Enable users to connect with peers, experts, mentors & communities
• Provide tools for organizations and members to create & manage
groups, including ability to:
– Define security and access rights to group and content
– Publish content to their members and to other constituencies
• Provide tools for users to set privacy & security
• Make it increasingly easy for users to access personalized and
Dedicated community for networking, knowledge sharing and
• Facilitate connections within and across agency
• Enable connections across government organizations
• Push relevant content/offerings to targeted users
• Maintain communication with employees, teams, users, etc.
• Learn emerging trends from users via:
- User feedback
- Website usage data
• Impact the direction of platform based on feedback
• Extend & expand collaboration tools, eg., forums
• Provide increasingly more targeted and relevant content to users
• Ability for organizations to customize their community interface
• Provide new ways to find & connect with people, groups & content
We want to hear VA’s feedback and suggestions
• Please give your feedback, questions, suggestions, ideas
• Feedback will be collected and worked back into the platform
• Consider objectives and steps needed for Phase 2 of the Pilot
Who We Are – Public Sector Experience
Larry Schlang – Founder and CEO
Founder and CEO of Bantu, Inc., a leading provider of secure, real-time
communication software to the DoD. Received 2006 Fed 100 Award for work done to create an
enterprise-wide communication across the Army, Air Force and Navy.
David Gorodetski – Co Founder and CMO
Senior interactive and social networking consultant and trainer for Frost & Sullivan. Founder, COO and
executive creative director for Sage Communications, whose public sector-related clients include DOT,
FAA, NIH, SAIC, ManTech, American Systems, DRC, etc.
Andrew Klingenstein – Co Founder and Chairman
Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Fairfax Partners, a venture fund focused on early stage internet
technologies. Former Asst. US Attorney for DC and former Assoc. Counsel to Senate subcommittee.
Jay Roberts– Director Software Architecture
Former CTO Gloto Corporation. Held senior technical positions at Raytheon, BrowserMedia, Adrenaline
Group and Intergraph. Former US Navy submarine officer.
Dakota Bailey – Director Software Engineering
Former software architect for Gloto Corporation, provider of interactive web technologies to
government and commercial customers.
Pat Gross – AMS Founder, Vice Chair Council for Excellence in Government, Former DoD
Larry Rosenfeld – Co-Founder, CEO Sage Communications
Stan Soloway – President of Professional Services Council, Former DoD
Steve Charles- Co-Founder & EVP immix Group