1. Introduction and Background: www.ADMPC.com Ralph Paglia Vice President – Digital Tier10 Marketing• Currently leading development and delivery of Tier10’s Digital Marketing, Advertising and Social Media Strategies, Tactics and client service capabilities• Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community creator and Editor-in-Chief• Generated 144,000+ leads in 22 months while working for Courtesy Chevrolet…• Managed Courtesy Chevy Internet Sales team that sold 4,000+ Units in 2006…• Worked w/Ford in 2007-2009 to develop first fully integrated Tier 3 Digital Marketing Consulting and Ford Co-Op supported Digital Advertising program for Dealers…• Ran 1st retail automotive Behavioral Targeting Digital Advertising program…• Internet Sales & Marketing Consultant to Ford, Mercedes-Benz, GM, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai and 250+ dealers & groups…• Pioneered development of “Internet Leads” in 1986 using CompuServe ISP access to post vehicle inventory listings on defense contractor BBS’s…
2. How to Recruit, Screen, Hire and Train Internet Sales Professionals for the Best and Greatest Likelihood of Success and RetentionHow important is it to hire and train the right people while building asales team that can convert opportunities created by marketing intoactual sales results?Organizational development is more important than ever before…with many dealerslosing staff while cutting costs during the depths of the recession, those that aregrowing their business need effective strategies, tools and tactics forattracting, screening and hiring the best Internet sales professionals with the greatestchance of achieving their own personal success, as well as sales productivity for thedealership. This session will explore organizational developmentstrategies, recruiting, screening, hiring and training tools as well as the materials andprocesses that the most successful dealers in America have been using for years, andare being used today as a means of increasing success in the hiring process. RalphPaglia will share the tools and processes he has used to build some of the mostsuccessful Internet sales departments in America while teaching attendees what theessential "must haves" are, and how to get them when seeking to grow your salesdepartments into high performance digital marketing to sales conversion engines.
3. Growing Your Internet Sales Organization from 10 to 300 Cars per Month
4. Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix, AZ became theUSA’s leading Internet retailer of new and certifiedused Chevrolet vehicles… Human ResourceDevelopment was the key (secret sauce) to success.
5. Organizational Development is theessential stumbling block thatmany dealers and ISM’s report asthe primary reason for InternetSales Operations failure or lack ofgrowth into a strategicallysignificant level of sales.
6.  Training Compensation Benefits Supportive Team People Matter Career Growth
7.  Attract better “tech savvy” applicants Receive a scientific skills assessment Objective review free from interviewer bias Make better use of management interviews Evaluate existing staff for training needs and areas of opportunity for skills improvement
8. Hire The Winners Assessment:and Assessment Example Hire The Winners Report Accurate Results in 20 Minutes
9. TARGET TRAINING FOR CURRENT TEAM MEMBERS
10. No dealership has unlimited process execution capabilities…
11. Growing Your Internet Sales Team Requires that you Define what YourInternet Process Should Look Like… Dealer Lead Management Process Map
12. Growing Your Internet Sales Team works best when it occurs“Organically” and is Specialized Organic GrowthCourtesy Chevrolet is a single point Chevy dealer with(at one time) 3 fully staffed BDC Team’s, an eFinanceSales Team and 4 Internet Sales Teams. These 8 teams ofautomotive sales professionals are identified as follows:1. New Chevrolet BDC 5. New Chevrolet Internet Sales2. Used Car BDC 6. Used Car Internet Sales3. Wholesale Parts BDC 7. Bell Road Internet Sales4. eFinance Sales Team 8. Commercial Internet Sales Let’s Take a Look at How It Happened…
13. Courtesy Chevrolet CRM/eBusiness New BDC with 27 Work Stations
14. 90,000+ OutboundPhone Calls / Month
15. Document Roles & Responsibilities for All Internet Sales Positions
16. Document Pay Plan & Bonus Structure that reflects taller Internet salesfunnel * July 2006 Interactive Marketing Budget
17. Lead Volume puts pressure on response times as a factor of staffing levels!
18. Organizational Structure Determines Process Capabilities and Monitoring % of StatisticalTop 4 Ways Purchase Purchase* Correlation to Close Dealer Response Attributes Respondents* among the Factor of who DIDMore Sales Experienced by Customers within NOT Leads who Response attribute to Leads DID experience Received 24 hours of Submitting an Inquiry the attribute Experience with Vehicle Purchase the attribute Make Direct Phone Contact with Customer #1 (after sending Email w/availability & prices) 17% 27% 11 #2 Send Price Quotes by Email to Customer 20% 27% 9 Contact Customer more than once by Email #3 and Telephone (within First 24 Hours) 21% 25% 5 Make sure Customers are either Completely or #4 Very Satisfied with the Lead Response 21% 24% 3
19. Staffing Determines Process Execution Capabilities and Monitoring Customer goes online and submits Lead Internet Sales Specialist ISS) reviews lead, selects 4 vehicles for Price Quotes Sends email with Quotes & Cars BDC Staff makes initial phone call, collects customer info, sets up an appointment for the ISS If no appointment, ISS Contacts customer and seeks appointment and/or agreement
20. Lead Process Maps should be indexed to email templates, phone scripts and word tracks so thatdealership employees have a “paint by numbers” guide towhat is expected when a lead is received. This process mapfocuses on the first 12hours after a new lead is received.
21. Lead Process Maps should contain briefexplanations for the logic and execution tips for employees to review before actually using the email templates, phone scripts and word tracks. Actual template illustrations make it easyfor dealership employees to recognize the right template or document when they see it in their CRM tool.
22. When LeadProcess Maps are indexed to correspondingly numbered email templates, phone scripts and word tracks, thedealership is far more likely toexecute the repetitious tasks that create customer experiences which correlate with higher sales closing ratios. The best process maps break down email andphone contact processes into separate flows so that they can be executed by different resources when scaling up lead volumes and organization structures.
23. Have a defined process for “closing out” unsold leadsAlthough many car guys will say they believe in the concept of following up untilprospects either buy or die… Large scale lead generation through highly effectivemarketing practices requires that scarce resources be allocated to where they willgenerate the most sales. Outsourcing followup on leads that have reached adesignated status (dormant) or assigning them to alternate resources such as a BDCwill allow ISS’s to stay focused on the 50% of the leads that buy, and do so within thefirst 10 days
24. LMP Scoring Index Objective Review of Dealership Employee Lead responses encourages consistency and creates a numeric accountability – an LMP Report Card for Dealer or GM review…
25. Nothing has more impact on results than phone contact with the customer!Outbound phone calls, ongoing phone follow-up andresponding to emails requires adequate staffing and skill levels
26. Telephone Process• 85% of Web visitors who contact the dealershipbefore coming into the showroom, use the phone• Direct Phone contact (after responding to anInternet lead by email), has the greatest impact onincreasing sales closing ratiosPhone Follow-Up Sales Strategy:• Focus on having a set of objectives in front ofus, each time we make an email follow-up call• Word Track Forms (scripts) are used for trainingand collecting customer information during eachcall that is made immediately after sendingpersonalized email response
27. Top 10 Reasons To Use Hire The Winners1. Find out why your lowest producers arent producing.2. Learn what the potential is of every sales consultant on your team.3. Discover opportunities for improvement for each sales consultant and how you can focus your training for immediate improvement.4. HTW can show you how to find and recruit excellent talent to grow and improve your sales team.5. HTW has tools to help make informed hiring decisions and get best talent available.6. HTW provides you with tools that allow your sales team to practice on the simulator not the public (Lost sales from poorly trained sales consultants are killing us).7. HTW provides you with a hiring process and support to strengthen your management teams interviewing skills and, if used correctly, will provide you with information you need to bring on the best talent available.8. HTW provides you with tools that show you what the sales applicant can and cant do when put into the automotive sales situation. You will know in 20-30 minutes the potential of every candidate.9. Tools that will assist you in creating customers in a challenging market (What you can do to cause more customers to visit your store without raising your advertising budget).10. (see link below) Free Trial: www.hirethewinners.com/adm
28. Actual Graduate Class Recruiting 2.0 ◦ Place job opening on 100’s of job boards including Monster, Career Builder, Indeed, Simply Hired, Zip Recruiter, Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, LinkedIn, Google+ and MORE. Nobody used more resources than AutoMax! ◦ Schedule & conduct ALL interviews & screen applicants using The Car Sales Simulator. (We have a team of people that interact with and schedule interviews with thousands of potential hires each week)  The Car Sales Simulator Uses interactive video to present potential salespeople with a set of decisions that will either lead to the sale or the GSM’s office for a “talking to.” ◦ For those that make it through the interview & screening process either we’ll conduct the training or you can. (We have multiple packages) ◦ From porters to presidents, we will interview, screen and train internet sales managers, BDC reps, social media managers, sales people, sales managers, service advisors, general managers and more! Low Fee, Turn Key, With A Satisfaction Guarantee! 25% discount for all attendees present! AutoMaxRecruitingAndTraining.com | 800-878-5090 Video From Craig
29. Ralph PagliaCell: 505-301-6369RPaglia@gmail.comwww.RalphPaglia.comReference Links:http://www.ADMPC.comhttp://slideshare.net/RalphPagliahttp://www.hirethewinners.com/admhttp://www.Automax.com