1. Courtesy Chevrolet Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) Job Description & Pay PlanNarrative Description:The Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) is responsible for receiving and responding to webbased electronic inquiries (leads) and phone calls that result from prospects andcustomers visiting various Courtesy Chevrolet and associated web sites. The ISS will beevaluated based on performance standards that measure how many leads were convertedto showroom visits and how many of those showroom visits resulted in a sale. The ISSshould be fully capable of both traditional and Internet-specific automotive salesprocesses. The ISM is required to execute customer communications via email, telephoneand face-to-face that conform to the standards and processes put into effect by theCRM/eBusiness Director and Courtesy Chevrolet management. An ISS must show up forwork on time, per the Internet Sales Manager’s published schedule and conducthimself/herself in a manner compatible with the existing corporate culture, and generalpolicies and procedures of Courtesy Chevrolet.Qualifications and Duties include the following:Execute Sales Process in Accordance with Courtesy Chevrolet Sales Strategies• Be able to sell cars and trucks using email, phone and face-to-face skill sets• Show up for work on time and as scheduled by manager• Attend sales meetings for both the dealership and the eSales department• Use a personal computer for email, Lead Management Tool (LMT), web sites and MS office applications such as Word, Excel and Internet Explorer• Respond to Internet Leads within 30 minutes of receiving them in LMT• Call prospects within 45 minutes of receiving a new lead• Set appointments dealership visit with at least 23% of prospects received• Achieve Lead-to-Dealership conversion rate of 14%+ on new leads received• Sell at least 70% of prospects who visit the dealership after submitting a new lead• Achieve an overall Lead-to-Sales closing ratio of 10% or higher• Attend training and complete testing requirements to become GM Certified to receive GM BuyPower leads• Understand the buying profile and patterns of the Internet customer• Use Courtesy Chevrolet’s Lead Management systems to ensure response time to all customer inquires – email, fax or telephone – is virtually instantaneous• Utilize personalized Courtesy Chevrolet email templates for communications• Utilize Courtesy Chevrolet telephone word tracks as guidelines for process and flow of customer phone contacts• Select multiple vehicles for each Internet lead and respond to that lead with price quotes on those vehicles within the first 30 minutes of receiving a new lead.• Execute Courtesy Chevrolet’s pricing strategy when responding to leads in a way that profitably competes for the Internet customer both on-line and off-line
2. Courtesy Chevrolet Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) Job Description & Pay Plan• Execute the Courtesy Chevrolet sales process in a consistent yet flexible manner that results in a customer experience designed to achieve the highest sales ratios• Register all sold customers in GM programs designed specifically to tie them to Courtesy Chevrolet… www.MyChevrolet.com• When assigned by manager; register, schedule and attend Internet training and information seminars designed to learn the latest processes and techniques for automotive eBusiness• Attend weekly General Sale Meeting on Fridays at 8:00AM• Attend weekly Internet Sales Team meeting on Thursdays at 1:00PMMeasurement and tracking systems• Each day, the ISS must complete and submit their paper based appointment tracking log to the Internet Sales Manager• Enter all prospect communications notes, records and customer appointment data into Courtesy Chevrolet’s Lead Management Tool• Track and comply with programs that measure ISS process success: ⇒ Leads Received ⇒ Outbound Telephone Calls ⇒ Appointments Set ⇒ Appointment Shows ⇒ Sales• Each ISS must ensure that appointment information is provided to the showroom receptionist, as well as the sales desk in Courtesy Chevrolet showrooms• Ensure that customer’s name is on welcome boards in the showrooms• Comply with procedures to ensure all customers are tracked and follow-up is maintained using the dealership’s lead management tools• Cooperate with procedures to quality control email and telephone contacts• Maintain tracking boards showing Internet sales updated each day of the month• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports, then turn in to management• Prepare reports showing appointments scheduled, which customers showed up and which customers were sold from leads received
3. Courtesy Chevrolet Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) Job Description & Pay PlanCourtesy Chevrolet Web Sites• Be thoroughly familiar with the characteristics of all Courtesy Chevrolet affiliated web sites, as well as those of Courtesy Chevrolet lead providers. These include:www.HouseOfCourtesy.com www.CourtesyChev.comwww.CourtesyOnBell.com www.SuperFeo.comwww.Chevrolet-Car.com www.Chevrolet-GM.comwww.Chevrolet-New.com www.Chevrolet-USA.comwww.Chevrolet-Used.com www.Chevy-Deals.comwww.Chevy-AZ.com www.ChevyAZ.comwww.Latino-Chevy.com www.LatinoChevy.comwww.Drive-Chevy.com www.My-Chevrolet.comwww.GM-Certified-Used.com www.My-Chevy.comwww.ChevyPriceQuote.com www.Chevy-Price-Quote.comwww.Cheap-Chevy.com www.AZcarDeals.comwww.2007Tahoe.com www.YouGotGas.comwww.AZcarFinance.com www.GMBuyPower.com• Know how to use Lead Management Tool utilities to make changes in ISS profile, email templates, reports and customer profile up-dates• Learn to look up inventory data, track vehicle shipments and locate prospect desired vehicles using GM technologies• Be able to use photos of vehicles in emails when working with prospects• Keep current on all incentives & promos to ensure price quotes are current• Be able to use links to third party web sites in emails sent to customers• Know how to use Lead Management Tool metrics and reports to improve process performance and sales closing ratios
4. Courtesy Chevrolet Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) Job Description & Pay PlanInformation Technology Account Management Requirements• Establish and maintain GM Salesperson account at: www.GMDealerWorld.com and become proficient with Ordering, Production Tracking, Inventory and Vehicle Locate applications• Establish and maintain NetTrack/BuzzTrak account at: www.LeadCRM.com and complete Phone based online training as provided by NetTrack Support• Establish and maintain GM Certified Internet salesperson account at: www.GMTraining.com and become GM Internet Certified Sales Professional• Establish a Courtesy Chevrolet UCS Dealership Management System user account using PowerWorkstation PC based application, complete all Computer Assisted Training (CA) courses to ensure system application competency• Establish and maintain a user@HouseOfCourtesy.com email account using MS Outlook application and check and respond to Courtesy Chevrolet email messages on a daily basis• Establish and use a Yahoo.com email account for use in “Mystery Shopping” competing dealerships in Arizona.• Install Kelley Blue Book “KarPower” used vehicle valuation software on your assigned Courtesy Chevrolet PC workstation, learn to use it for Trade-In valuesOther Duties & Responsibilities• Be technically proficient in selling cars using the Internet• Conduct online visits to other dealers to monitor their strategies and tactics• Build rapport with senior managers to ensure support for eSalesPerformance Requirements and Benchmarks• Unit Sales: 8 Units/Month Minimum Requirement (3 month rolling average)• Unit Sales: 12 Units/Month or more is the Benchmark for ISS’s• Outbound Calls: 40 Calls/Day Minimum Requirement (5 day average)• Outbound Calls: 200% of Working Leads/Day is Benchmark for ISS’s• Lead to Showroom Conversion: 15% Minimum Requirement (monthly average)• Lead to Showroom Conversion: 25% or more is the Benchmark for ISS’s• Closing Ratio on Shows: 40% is the Minimum Requirement (monthly average)• Closing Ratio on Shows: 60% or more is the Benchmark for ISS’sThe above Minimum Requirements must be met in order to stay on the Internet SalesTeam… Benchmark levels are what is expected and required for promotions or bonuses.
5. Courtesy Chevrolet Internet Sales Specialist (ISS) Job Description & Pay PlanCompensation Plan – Effective June 1, 2006Base Salary: $1,000.00 per month(contingent upon minimum performance requirements)Commissions are based on the “Total Gross Profit” generated for each vehicle sold,including profit on sale (front end), profit on Financing and Insurance (back end), profitson aftermarket and accessories (ProShop). The percentage of commission paid to the ISSare based on the following sliding scale, retroactive to the first unit sold:1 to 8 vehicles sold: 12%9 to 11 vehicles sold: 14%12 to 14 vehicles sold: 16%15 to 17 vehicles sold: 18%18 & Up vehicles sold: 20%Monthly Unit Volume Bonuses: 5 Units Sold/Billed by 15th of month = $250.00 Bonus12 Units = $1,000.00 BonusEach additional 3 units above 12 = +$250.00Team Gross Bonus:An additional 5% of the Gross Profits generated by the Sales Team that the ISS isassigned to will be paid out based on the individual ISS’s units sold as a contribution tothe team’s total unit sales. How It Works: If the ISS sells 10 units and the team sells100 units, then the ISS receives 10% of the 5% Team Gross Bonus payout. Example:The ISS’s Team sells 72 Units, generating $129,760.40 in total gross profits. If the ISSsold 10 units of the team’s total 72 unit sales, the ISS would receive 14% of the totalteam Gross Bonus. 5% of $129,760.40 is $6,488.02 and 14% of that is $908.32 whichwhat the ISS receives.$1,000.00 in Process Performance Bonuses:Leads Converted to Dealership Visits: #1 ISS receives a $350 Monthly Bonus* #2 ISS receives a $150 Monthly Bonus*Showroom Visits to Sales Closed: #1 ISS receives a $350 Monthly Bonus* #2 ISS receives a $150 Monthly Bonus**100 Leads Received Minimum to qualify for PPBOveraged Inventory Bonuses:Variable – Announced in conjunction with Overaged New and Used Spiff Lists,additional bonuses are periodically announced for specific individual vehicles.