1. How To Use Objective Data to Create Performance Plans and Compensation ModelsHow important is it to build a team around performance objectives thatalign with a dealer’s business strategy and are reflected in bothevaluations and pay plans?Organizational development is more important than ever before…with many dealerslosing staff while cutting costs during the depths of the recession, those that aregrowing their business need effective strategies, tools and tactics for attracting,screening and hiring the best Internet sales professionals with the greatest chance ofachieving their own personal success, as well as sales productivity for the dealership.This session will explore organizational development strategies, recruiting, screening,hiring and training tools as well as the materials and processes that the mostsuccessful dealers in America have been using for years, and are being used today asa means of increasing success in the hiring process. Ralph Paglia will share the toolsand processes he has used to build some of the most successful Internet salesdepartments in America while teaching attendees what the essential "must haves" are,and how to get them when seeking to grow your sales departments into highperformance digital marketing to sales conversion engines.
2. Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix, AZ became theUSA’s leading Internet retailer of new and certifiedused Chevrolet vehicles… Human ResourceDevelopment was the key (secret sauce) to success.
3. 90,000+ OutboundPhone Calls / Month
4. Document Roles & Responsibilities for All Positions
8. Lead Volume puts pressure on response times as a factor of staffing levels!
9. Organizational Structure Determines Process Capabilities and Monitoring Requirements… % of StatisticalTop 4 Ways Purchase Purchase* Correlation to Close Dealer Response Attributes Respondents* among the Factor of who DIDMore Sales Experienced by Customers within NOT Leads who Response attribute to Leads DID experience Received 24 hours of Submitting an Inquiry the attribute Experience with Vehicle Purchase the attribute Make Direct Phone Contact with Customer #1 (after sending Email w/availability & prices) 17% 27% 11 #2 Send Price Quotes by Email to Customer 20% 27% 9 Contact Customer more than once by Email #3 and Telephone (within First 24 Hours) 21% 25% 5 Make sure Customers are either Completely or #4 Very Satisfied with the Lead Response 21% 24% 3
10. Staffing Determines Process Execution Capabilities and Monitoring Requirements…Customer goes onlineand submits Lead Internet Sales Specialist ISS) reviews lead, selects 4 vehicles for Price Quotes Sends email with Quotes & Cars BDC Staff makes initial phone call, collects customer info, sets up an appointment for the ISS If no appointment, ISS Contacts customer and seeks appointment and/or agreement
11. Lead Process Maps should be indexed to email templates, phone scripts and word tracks so thatdealership employees have a “paint by numbers” guide towhat is expected when a lead is received. This process mapfocuses on the first 12hours after a new lead is received.
12. Lead Process Maps should contain briefexplanations for the logic and execution tips for employees to review before actually using the email templates, phone scripts and word tracks. Actual template illustrations make it easyfor dealership employees to recognize the right template or document when they see it in their CRM tool.
13. When LeadProcess Maps are indexed to correspondingly numbered email templates, phone scripts and word tracks, thedealership is far more likely toexecute the repetitious tasks that create customer experiences which correlate with higher sales closing ratios. The best process maps break down email andphone contact processes into separate flows so that they can be executed by different resources when scaling up lead volumes and organization structures.
14. Have a defined process for “closing out” unsold leadsAlthough many car guys will say they believe in the concept of following up untilprospects either buy or die… Large scale lead generation through highly effectivemarketing practices requires that scarce resources be allocated to where they willgenerate the most sales. Outsourcing followup on leads that have reached adesignated status (dormant) or assigning them to alternate resources such as a BDCwill allow ISS’s to stay focused on the 50% of the leads that buy, and do so within thefirst 10 days
16. Nothing has more impact on results than phone contact with the customer!Outbound phone calls, ongoing phone follow-up andresponding to emails requires adequate staffing and skill levels
17. Telephone Process• 85% of Web visitors who contact the dealershipbefore coming into the showroom, use the phone• Direct Phone contact (after responding to anInternet lead by email), has the greatest impact onincreasing sales closing ratiosPhone Follow-Up Sales Strategy:• Focus on having a set of objectives in front of us,each time we make an email follow-up call• Word Track Forms (scripts) are used for trainingand collecting customer information during each callthat is made immediately after sending personalizedemail response
18. Questions and Answers…Ralph PagliaCell: 505-301-6369RPaglia@gmail.comwww.RalphPaglia.comReference Links:http://www.ADMPC.comhttp://slideshare.net/RalphPagliahttp://www.hirethewinners.com/admhttp://www.Automax.com