- 5,544 views
Unilever works both on domestic & international bases & has a great impact on the global economy. It is the world’s 3rd largest consumer goods company on the basis of revenue. It is a British FMCG ...
Unilever works both on domestic & international bases & has a great impact on the global economy. It is the world’s 3rd largest consumer goods company on the basis of revenue. It is a British FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company) that manufactures personal care, home care, beverage and food items for the consumers. Followings are some recommendations:
• The sustainable development factors and issues like CSR are given too much priority to leverage the brand.
• Unilever’s U has been a great strength for its individual brands.
• Home care and food products brands are very few in numbers.
• Unilever has contributed a lot on sustainability issues than any other FMCG manufacturers.
• The share prices and the turnover have increased over the past few years in significant figures.
• There are no R&D centers in BD.
• Sustainable development program has not been taken effectively in BD as taken globally.
• 5 levers of changing behavior and sustainable living plan are not familiar to the people.
• The corporate culture and CSR has been a great success for them.
• As a customer I have found I including my family are purchasing and consuming about 40% of our weekly purchases.
Although UBL has been successful they must look over the following matters very carefully:
• Unilever should work on their visibility and relevance to their offer.
• The must look even for closer to make the customer feel like buying not only the physical product but also a trust with it.
• By joining “Poribesh Bandhob” (a social community) UBL can reduce its environmental impact as well as create awareness among people in a large scale.
• Create new sustainable agricultural sources from Bangladesh.
• Creating awareness regarding saving the utilities (water & electricity) and reducing the waste.
• Introduce more brands in Bangladesh.
• Making people aware of the environmental impacts caused by the consumption process & inform how they can help it by taking Unilever products and behaving in a sustainable way.
• Packaging of a few brands must be changed to lift up its vitality & position UBL brands.
Branding strategies, Sustainability and a lot about UBL has been the important discussion. Besides, there is relative impact of sustainability on the brand building of Unilever. There is a huge impact of Unilever on the globe as well as on Bangladesh. As 1 billion people use its products daily it is obvious that their brand building & its key factors are well organized and effective in a country like BD having a consumer groups with reasonable price and less concerned with brand performance and its core values. To sustain their growth and gain success in the new markets & cope with the upcoming futures, the above findings and recommendations will be a significant concern to them
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views