Name: Raji Zaki Abdulla Al-Ani
Date of birth: 1959
Marital Status: Married with two children
Passport No.: G 1825431 Iraq
B. Sc. In Civil Engineering, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1981.
M .Sc. In Construction Methods and Management, Loughborough University of
Technology, U.K, 1985. Thesis Title: “Evaluation of a Computer-Aided
Measurement and Evaluation Systems for Use in Iraq”.
Ph-D. in Civil Engineering. Loughborough University of Technology, Civil and
Building Department, U.K. 1989. Thesis Title: “Integrated Systems for Site
Attended short course at C&CA (Cement and Concrete Association) U.K for two
weeks. In 1985.
Attended seven weeks course at CITB (Construction Industry of Training Board)
U.K. in 1986.
Full Professor in Engineering Project Management (EPM)
Consultant Engineer (According to the Iraqi Institute of Engineers since 1996).
1. Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), U.K.
2. Full Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (A.S.C.E), U.S.A.
3. Consultant Grade in Iraqi Institute of Engineers (I.I.E), Iraq.
4. Full Member of the Libyan Institute of Engineers (L.I.E.), Libya.
5. Full Member in the Bahrain Society for Engineers (BSE), Bahrain.
6. Lecturing and supervising researches for under-graduate and post-graduate studies
at the following Universities since 1989:
a. University of Baghdad, College of Engineering.
b. University of Technology, Building and Construction Engineering Department.
c. Al-Mustansria University, College of Engineering, Civil Engineering Dept.
d. University of Baghdad, Second College of Engineering.
e. Academy of Graduate Studies (Tripoli/ Libya).
f. Civil Engineering Department/ Engineering College/ Gulf University (Kingdom
g. Civil Engineering Department/ Gulf University (Kingdom of Bahrain).
7. Lecturing The Following Under-Graduate Civil Engineering Courses
a. Estimating and Tendering of Construction Projects;
b. Management of Engineering Projects;
c. Engineering Economy;
d. Operational Research;
e. Engineering Statistics
f. Construction Methods, Equipments and Planning
g. Structural Engineering
h. Static and Dynamic;
i. Strength of Materials;
j. Numerical Analysis.
8. Lecturing The Following Post Graduate Project Management Courses:
a. Advanced Engineering Economy.
b. Quantity Surveying.
c. Cost Accounting
d. Quality Management.
e. Operational Research.
f. Production Facility Planning.
g. Quality Management.
h. Advanced Engineering Statistics.
i. Resource Management
j. Business Administration
k. Cost And Financial Management
l. Advanced Engineering Project Management
m. Planning Of Water Resources
n. Management Of Water Supplying
4. Supervised fifty nine post graduate researches (nine of them were Ph. D. thesis
and the rest were M.Sc. Dissertations) as shown in separate attached lists.
• Experience in using the MS-project Program for Scheduling and tracking
construction projects and controlling the costs and project resource usage.
• Using and giving training courses in applying the Primavera planning program
for planning, tracking, cost and resource usage controlling through the project
• Have more than 10 years of experiences in using the MS-Office programs like;
Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Have a Diploma degree in Touch Typewriting and Printing from Scheidegger
International School Ltd. German.
• Project Manager of a "116 buildings of different sizes" project with a total cost
came out to 1.3 million $ and 1.5 years time of work in the western part of Iraq.
• As an Evaluation Engineer for Total Construction Company (U.K.), my job was
examining their new employed engineers.
• As a Planning Engineer and Coordinator for Al- Edriessy Consulting Bureau
(Ministry of Housing and Construction)/ Iraq. My job was coordinating and
planning the design work of "Al-Rihman Mosque" Project of 650 million $ and
10 years time project to be built in the middle of Baghdad (Iraq).
• Project Planner for "Al-Rihman Mosque" project on (from the owner side) to
supervise and plan the contractor work and the design work in parallel (as the
project has been achieved in a Fast Track Approach of execution) the M. Sc.
project computer program has been used in the planning and controlling the
contractor site work and its interfering with the design work.
• Consultant Engineer for cost and time planning as well as coordinating the
design work and its interfering with the contractor site work of "Al-Ressafa Water
Treatment" Project/ Iraq which has an expected cost of 253 million $ and 4 years
time of work. The project expected to supply consumable water to the city of
Baghdad (Iraq). The project was included two parts, ground tanks and distribution
pipes, in addition to the water treatment units. The MS project Software has been
used for the planning and controlling work.
• Project Management Consultant for the Ministry of Housing and Construction
for two years, consulting all the projects of the Ministry which were in the nature
of Governmental buildings, housing complexes, civil projects ( roads, bridges,
culverts, stores, Hangers, etc..)
• Consultant to Al-Fao Contracting Company. This company has a wide range of
work in Iraq especially in the field of building Industrial Buildings for
• Consultant to “Al-Assass Consulting Engineering Company”/Qatar. This
company has work of designing and supervising the construction works in GCC.
My consultancy was on measuring and controlling the work progress and giving
advices in any delay problems.
• Project Management Consultant for “Master Construction Company MCC”/
Bahrain. My consultancy was concentrated on giving consultancy in the project
(cost and time) management.
Papers and researches presented in the following scientific conferences:
1. The Scientific Conference of the Construction Division, of the American Society
of Civil Engineers, Chicago. Illinois, June 8-9 1987 U.S.A.
2. The First Scientific Conference Of The College Of Engineering , Al-
Mustansiriya University , April 8-9 1997 , Baghdad , Iraq.
3. The First Scientific Conference Of The College Of Engineering, University of
Baghdad. Nov 18-20 1997, Baghdad, Iraq.
4. The First National Conference Of Civil Engineering, Feb 20-23 2001, Al-Anbar
5. The Fourth Scientific Conference Of Ministry Of Housing And Construction,
Dec 29-30 2001, Baghdad. Iraq.
6. The Second National Conference Of Civil Engineering 2002, Al-Anbar, Iraq,
7. The Fifth Conference of the College Of Engineering, University Of Baghdad,
Feb 25-27 2003.
8. The conference of Arab Human Development Association 2004 Tripoli, Libya
9. The Conference of Global Integration of Graduate Programmes (GIGP),
10.The Conference of Global Integration of Graduate Programmes (GIGP),
Russia. 3-8/10/2005, (nominated as a member of Programme committee).
11.The Eleventh International Conference of Civil, Structural and
Environmental Engineering Computing (CSEEC/2007), Malta 18-21/9/2007.
Fifty seven papers, so far, have been published in several national and international
scientific journals, as well as, some scientific conferences’ proceedings.
The main topics of these papers are as follows the titles of these papers are in a
separate attached List):
• Application of Value Engineering in project management.
• Implementation of (M.I.S.) Management Information Systems for
• Applying of management techniques for Controlling Project Resources.
• Site Management of engineering project.
• Implementation of (N.N.T.) Neural Network Technique in project
• Quality Management application in construction industry.
• Contracting Management of engineering projects.
• Management of engineering project costs.
• Project Planning and Scheduling
Address For Correspondence:
Prof. Raji Z. Abdullah
Civil Engineering Dept.
College of Engineering
Al Isra Private University
Kingdom Of Jordan
Tel : Mobile ++9762 795091176
E-mail : email@example.com
- Prof. Ron Mc Caffer
Dean Of Engineering
Civil and Building Department
++44 1509 222600
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Tony Thorpe
Head of Civil and Building Department
LE11 3 TU.
Tel : ++44 1509 223771
E-mail : email@example.com
- Prof. Moayad Aziz
Head of Al-Rasheed College For Engineering and Sciences
0216013771 Cairo /Egypt
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Mohamed Elizzi
Engineering Management Departement
School of Applied Sciences and Engineering
Academy of Graduate Studies
Tripoli – Libya
++218 92 5044919