1) Padmadalakshan started his career as a drama artist. His role in the drama ‘Samasya’ fetched him the Best Comedian Award. Ramu Kariat and Vincent were impressed by his performance in ’Mudiyanaya Puthran’ and gave him chance to act in the film ’Moodupadam’. His first noted role was in ’Bhargavi Nilayam’. The name of his character in the film stayed with him for the rest of his life. Id
5) When Ranjith announced Ravana Prabhu with Lal, Vinayan came up with Rakshasa Raman with Mamooty. He had to change the name to 'Rakshasa Rajavu’ as there were protests from religious outfits . Another movie came along the same time had a very similar naming structure. Id
*6) He wrote the screenplay and dialogues of 'Balan ' and 'Jeevithanauka' and has written about 55 plays, dozens of film stories and screenplays, and 'Tatataka Parinayam' kathakali.He had also acted in around 150 Malayalam movies. Id this person who is referred to as the 'Akshara Guru' of Malayalam movies
7) He took the job of a teacher after passing Vidhwan Exam. Later, he got job as a clerk in the Kerala Secretariat and then joined the army in 1941. He got posted as a Commissioned Officer of the Viceroy of India. He served the British army in Manipur, Burma and British Malaya (Malaysia) during the World War II. After finishing his term in the army, he returned home and joined the then Travancore State Police as a Police Inspector. During the communist riots in 1947–1948, he was the Police Inspector at Alapuzha North Police Station. Id the legend
9) Born as Sasha Selvaraj, she was given her screen name by Bharatiraja, who also directed her in Mudal Maryathai.
Her first Malayalam movie was directed by Lenin Rajendran. Her most popular movie was directed by Priyadarshan. Identify this actress who was once popular in Malayalam industry and vanished all of a sudden.
11) ____ Shankar Sharma, has given lots of memorable hits in Hindi which includes Chaudhvin Ka Chand (1960), Do Badan (1966), Humraaz(1967) Ankhen (1968).He took a break in 70's and then made a comeback in the 80's giving an evergreen hit with Nikah. Later one famous director from Kerala convinced him on doing Malayalam film which he accepted. He has given several memorable scores in Malayalam including one for which Chithra won national award (pix in next slide)
15) He debuted as an independent film director with Veeravijaya, a Sinhalese film in 1960. His first Malayalam film was
Jnanasundari, produced by T. E. Vasudevan based on a short story by Muttathu Varkey. He then went on to direct over 60 films including noted films Odayil Ninnu, Vazhve Mayam, Ara Nazhika Neram, Anubhavangal Palichakal, Karakanakkadal, Achanum Bappayum, Chattakkari, Oppol etc. ID
16) Originally, the CBI officer in the film Oru CBI Diary Kurippu was supposed to be a rough-and-tough cop named Ali Imran. It was Mammootty who suggested that a simple-looking brahmin who uses his brains more than his brawn would be a better idea.
Very soon K Madhu and SN Swami made another film with Mohanlal in the lead as Ali Imran. Id the movie
*17) The movie Guru by Rajeev Anchal is the only Malayalam movie to be selected as India’s official entry for Oscars. Earlier, a famous director from Kerala had his movie selected as official entry but for another language. Name the movie and director
20) Shyam, a member of quotation gang is the hero of the movie. He takes up this job as he is desperate for quick money which will help his sister’s treatment. The heroine of the story falls in love with him in spite of knowing that he is a gunda. In fact he being one is the reason for her to love him. In one of the scenes, she reveals how she respects men with courage. Ajmal Kasab is mentioned as an inspiration. Name this different movie
*23) A dentist by profession, he was interested in martial arts and was an expert in Kalarippayattu. He published an English book titled Indian Art of Fencing and Sword Play when he was 22. It is widely believed that he entered the field of movies to harness the medium and thereby popularize Kalaripayattu. He produced, directed, wrote, photographed, edited and acted in his movie but had to end his movie career after this as it was a financial disaster. Id
24)Adoor once started filming CN Sreekantan Nairs 'Kamuki'. The movie was not completed due to financial issues. This has been the only instance when both him and X worked together in a project. X served as the art director of the movie. Id