On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Publish to Slideshare®
Slideshare is a great software program for uploading your PowerPoint
presentations up to the web for sharing with others. Be careful, it should
adhere to copyright concerns. You can choose to keep the PPT private, but
that almost defeats the purpose of the using Slideshare®. Here is how to
publish to slideshare.
1. Log onto www.slideshare.net
2. Sign up for a new account or log in with Beth’s Account information
3. Log On
4. Click on the Upload button in the tool bar at the top.
5. Choose Browse and Select Files
• Slideshare supports a wide variety of formats
• Slideshare will accept file sizes up to 100 MB
6. In the files, find the PowerPoint and select it
7. After selecting the PowerPoint, the screen changes and you can modify
• Title-Keywords help people find your PPT
• Tags-Use many tags for your slideshow
• Description-Write a brief description of your PPT content
• Category-This PPT contains Education content
• Privacy-This PPT is available for viewing by all
• Finally, click on PUBLISH ALL, in the upper right corner
8. After clicking, Publish All, the screen changes to show that it is being
converted. It may take a little while to complete this process. Clicking on
the check mark will show you the results. Congratulations, you have now
completed the process!
9. The final result! You are published on slide share. You and others may
use your presentation on a wiki, blog, webpage, or download the ppt if you
log into Slideshare®
Embedding Code into Your WIKI
In order to embed your slide share document into something, you need to make sure that
you published it and gave public access to it. Also, you can publish other people’s
presentations to your wiki, blog or webpage.
Here are directions to go into your account and get your slideshare documents.
1. Go to Slideshare and log in.
Choose your username on the TOP RIGHT of the page.
(This is different than most programs. Most of the time you see something like “my
documents or dashboard”. Here you just choose your name.)
Select (double click) the presentation that you want to use.
(You may need to select view all to find the one that you want.)
Finding the Embedding Code
2. The embed code is the code you want.
Look for the words embed.
Copy and paste the code into a web page that you want.
3. Put your cursor into the EMBED code box.
Select All the code (Highlight or Ctrl A)
Copy it -Options (Right Click or Ctrl C)
Embed into the WIKI page
1. Open your Wiki Page.
2. Select EDIT This Page (near the
Put your curser where you think you
want the cartoon.
3. Select the Widget Icon the
tool bar. It looks like a TV.
4. Choose Other HTML and
paste the code
into the empty
5. Then Save
6. A placeholder for the widget will be created on the wiki page.
Finish typing any text that you wish and then click save to embed
the object into your pa