1. The India brand - feel proud to be an Indian
• The number of companies listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, at more than
6,000, is second only to NYSE.
• Four out of 10 Silicon Valley start ups are run by Indians.
• With 800 movies per year, India’s film industry overshadows Hollywood.
• The organized lottery market in India is US$7bn (2% of GDP).
• India consumes a fifth of the world’s gold output.
• Indians account for 45% of H1-B visas issued by the US every year.
• Growing at 6%, in 25 years Indian GDP (on a PPP basis) will be at the same level
the US is at today.
• Six Indian ladies have won Miss Universe/Miss World titles over the past 10
• Bank deposits in India roughly equal 50% of its GDP C again, among the highest
in the world.
• Indian Railways is the largest railway network in the world under single
• India has the third largest army in the world, nearly 1.5 million strong.
• India is the largest producer and consumer of tea in the world, accounting for
more than 30% of global Production and 25% of consumption.
• India is the world’s premier center for diamond cutting and polishing. Nine out
of every 10 stones sold in the World pass through India.
• India has the highest number of annual bulk drugs filings (77) with US FDA.
• India is home to the largest number of pharmaceutical plants (61) approved by
US FDA outside the US.
• India’s Hero Honda is the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer, with 2002
production of 1.7m units.
• Other than US and Japan, India is the only country to have built a super
• Indian Railways is the largest employer in the world, with a staff of 1.6 million
• India is the second largest cement producing country in the world, producing
more than 110 m tones.
2. • Of the fortune 500 companies, 220 outsource their software-related work to
• There are 8,500 Indian restaurants in the U.K.15% of the country’s total dining-
• India is the largest democracy in the world, with nearly 400m voting in the last
• India has the second-largest pool of scientists and engineers in the world.
• India has the third largest investor base in the world
• According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the
only source of diamonds.
• The Kumbh Mela festival, held every 21 years in the city of Allahabad, attracts
25 million people CE more than the population of 185 of the 227 countries in
• The Indian city of Varanasi , also known as Benares , is the oldest continuously
inhabited city in the world
• There are 3.22 million Indians in the US.
• Indians are the richest immigrant class in the US, with nearly 200,000
• India is ranked the sixth country in the world in terms of satellite launches.
• There are over 70,000 bank branches in India – among the highest in the world.