MEANING OF IT
According to ITAA , IT deals use of electronic computers and
computer software to convert , protect, store , transmit and
securely retrieve information.
When computer and communication technologies are
combined the result is information technology or INFOTECH.
ORIGIN OF IT
•Prior to 1960- The Indian Government acquired the computers from
the Soviet Union, which were used in large companies and research
• In 1968 - Tata Consultancy Services—established
in SEEPZ, Mumbai by the Tata Group .
• In 1975-The National Informatics Centre was established in March
1975. The inception of The Computer Maintenance Company (CMC)
followed in October 1976.
IT SECTOR IN INDIA
IT sector in India is one of the fastest growing sector.
IT sector in India comprises of software industry and
information technology enabled services which also include BPO
• Today the IT advancement around the world can not be
• Integrated the world economy through removal of barriers.
• Global sourcing of technology related services is estimated to
• There is estimated growth regarding spending on world wide
technology products & related service sector.
• Global IT spends projected to grow at steady rate.
• Creating opportunities for the’ out-of-the mainstream’ sector
• India is a popular choice for customers seeking outsourced service
because it is able to offer a 24*7 services by reduction in costs
while maintaining quality..
• Every job created in IT sector accounts for creation of four jobs in
rest of the company.
• Some flagship companies that are providing good career in it sector
are- Infosys technologies, TCS, Wipro technologies, Tech
Mahindra, HCL etc.
INDIAN IT SECTOR
The Indian IT industry accounts for a 16.3% of the countries GDP in
The sector has increased its contribution to India's GDP from 1.2% in
FY1998 to 7.5% in FY2012
FY2013, the export revenues are expected to grow by 11-14 per cent
while the domestic revenues will grow by 13-16 percent.
IT sector offers more job opportunities.
IT sector helps to change the living style of the people.
IT sector creating wealth.
IT industries take responsibility of the society.
While information technology may have streamlined the business
process it has also created job redundancies, downsizing and outsourcing. This means that a
lot of lower and middle level jobs have been done away with causing more people to
Privacy Though information technology may have made communication
quicker, easier and more convenient, it has also bought along privacy issues. From cell
phone signal interceptions to email hacking, people are now worried about their once
private information becoming public knowledge.
Lack of job security Industry experts believe that the internet has made job security a
big issue as since technology keeps on changing with each day. This means that one has to
be in a constant learning mode, if he or she wishes for their job to be secure.
• Virus threat
Virus is nothing but a program which disrupts the
normal functioning of your computer systems. Computers attached
to internet are more prone to virus attacks and they can end up into
crashing your whole hard disk, causing you considerable headache.
Major Challenges Faced By
INDIAN IT FIRMS ARE OUTSOURCED & OFFSHORED
Solutions for the Problem
More Advance Information Security Software's.
Regular Training of Employee in the organization.
Government should be more supportive.
Should be more competitive as compare to other Asian
Giants like China, Vietnam, Philippines.
FUTURE OF IT INDUSTRY
• THE INDIAN IT SECTOR CONTINUES TO BE OF THE SUNSHINE
SECTOR OF INDIAN ECONOMY SHOWING RAPID GROWTH &
• NEW PROJECT ARE COMING UP
• INDIAN IT INDUSTRY IS SET TO TOUCH $225 BILLION BY 2020
• CENTRE COMMITED TO GROWTH OF IT SECTOR
MAJOR STEPS TAKEN FOR PROMTION OF
Domain of the IT Industry
A wide variety of services come under the domain of the
information technology industry. Some of these services are as
Database design and development
Maintenance and hosting
IT sector is a sector one of the fastest growing sector. It
increase income level of the people . IT sector comes under