Impact of color/design on Packaging
Reasons of colorful/less packaging
• Govt. policies
• Communicate emotions
• Anti counterfeit
• Consumer convenience
How do colors affect our moods?
• Purple represents royalty, spirituality, nobility, ceremony,
mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty,
arrogance, mourning. Purple is considered an exotic color.
• Orange is a combination of yellow and red. Orange is
considered a warm color like red, but to a lesser extent;
orange expresses energy. It has luminous qualities and has
been used for attention-getting purposes, such as on
• Green, one of most-often cited favorite colors. It represents
nature, environment, health, good luck, renewal, youth,
vigor, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience,
• Black is the absence of light and therefore, of color.
• It represents power, sexuality, sophistication, formality,
elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, evil, anonymity,
unhappiness, depth, style, evil, sadness, remorse, anger,
underground, good technical color, mourning and death.
• Blue represents peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony,
unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security,
cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, and
• Red is the color that we pay the most attention to. It is the
warmest and most energic color in the spectrum.
• We associate red with love, valentines, danger, desire, speed,
strength, violence, anger, emergency exit signs, stop signs and
• Yellow represents joy, happiness, optimism, idealism,
imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy,
dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit,
illness, hazard, spirtuality and inspiration.
Do not use
This way up
Do not clamp
Packaging machines may be of the following general types:
Blister packs, skin packs and Vacuum Packaging Machines
Bottle caps equipment, Over-Capping, Lidding, Closing, Seaming and Sealing Machines
Box, Case and Tray Forming, Packing, Unpacking, Closing and Sealing Machines
Cleaning, Sterilizing, Cooling and Drying Machines
Conveyor belts, Accumulating and Related Machines
Feeding, Orienting, Placing and Related Machines
Filling Machines: handling liquid and powdered products
Inspecting, Detecting and Check weigher Machines
Label dispensers Help peel and apply labels more efficiently
Package Filling and Closing Machines
Palletizing, Depalletizing, Unit load assembly
Product Identification: labeling, marking, etc.
Shrink wrap Machines
Form, Fill and Seal Machines
Other speciality machinery: slitters, perforating, laser cutters, parts attachment, etc.
The purposes of packaging and
Containment or agglomeration
Fruit drinks designed by Templin Brink
Design combine beautiful illustration
and an interesting form of the bottle.
More and more labels are coming
with nutritional information.
• List of ingredients / nutrients
• Serve size / % Daily Requirement
Well, that’s an original design. Banana
juice package in form of a banana!