1. EXPORT OF GEMS AND JEWELLERY SUBMITTED BY:-RAHUL RAJ(24) VINAY BEHRANI(26)
2. CONTENTS• INTRODUCTION.• MAJOR PRODUCTS OF GEMS AND JEWELLERY.• MAJOR DESTINATION.• PRODUCTION OF GEMS AND JEWELLERY.• MARKET TREND.• SUGGESTIONS.
3. INTRODUCTION.• Form an integral part of Indian tradition.• Gems and Jewellery is an important emerging sector in the Indian Economy.• Gems and jewellery industry is very much fascinating.• Used by the Indians for both its aesthetic as well as investment purposes.• Key components are gold,diamond,coloured gemstones.
4. MAJOR PRODUCTS OF GEMS AND JEWELLERY.• GOLD:-It has always been the jewelers favorite metal.• Forms the backbone of the precious jewellery industry.• DIAMOND:- Have always enjoyed a special place among precious gemstones.• Emerged as a segment showing significant growth in some of the emerging markets.
5. CONTD…• COLOURED GEMSTONES:- includes all other forms of jewellery.• Precious gemstones and semi-precious gemstones; silver, pearls, etc.
6. MAJOR DESTINATIONS• U.A.E.• HONGKONG.• U.S.A.• BELGIUM.• ISARAEL.• U.K.
7. PRODUCTION IN INDIA.• PRECIOUS AND SEMI PRECIOUS GEMSTONES:- JAIPUR AND HYDERABAD.• SILVER JEWELRY:-DELHI.• LIGHTWEIGHT PLAIN GOLD:-KOLKATA AND THIRUCHUR.• STUDDED JEWELRY:-BELGAUM AND NELLORE.• MACHINE MADE JEWELRY:-MUMBAI.• CASTING JEWELRY:-COIMBTORE.
8. MARKET TREND
9. SUGGESTIONS• Future depend on finding new markets.• Have to work hard to incorporate the international designs and styles to compete with the competitors.• Number of SEZs should be increased.• Outlook of the business lies in individual performance.