Culture creation occurs in three ways:
First, founders hire and keep only employees
who think and feel the way the way they do.
Second, they indoctrinate and socialize these
employees to their way of thinking and feeling.
Now the hard stuff…
• Requires a “damn good reason!”
• Gap analysis is an important (if
not essential) motivator
• Culture almost always wins over
• Remove barriers, don’t push the
• There are usually “revenge
• It takes time (4-7 years)
“Who we are,” customs
“The way we do things here”
“This is what we do”
“Who I am”
Levels of Change
Promotions of innovation
Strategy Formation and implementation
Strong Commitment form Employees
Performance & Satisfaction
Barrier to change
Barrier to diversity
Barrier to acquisitions and mergers
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.