Transcript of "CHECKLIST FOR INCORPORATION OF LLP"
CHECKLIST FOR INCORPORATION OF LLP
1) The minimum number of partners to incorporate a LLP is two, they may
be individuals or body corporate who may be acting through their
2) There is no upper limit on the maximum number of partners of LLP. Out
of the partners two shall be designated partners one whom shall be
resident in India.
3) All the designated partners shall obtain Designated Partner
Identification Number (DPIN), DPIN is an eight digit numeric number
allotted by the Central Government in order to identify a particular
4) The application for allotment of DPIN shall be made online in (E-Form
7). Document required to be filled with application are:
1. Two passport size photographs of each partners
2. Copy of PAN card (Self attested)
3. Address Proof: Copy of Voter ID/ Driving Licence/ Passport/ Bank
statement certified by the bank
4. Two specimen signature on a blank paper alongwith the photograph.
5) As all the documents in relation to LLP whether they may relate to
incorporation, filing etc are filed online and are required to be digitally
signed atleast one Designated Partner to obtain the digital signature
certificates from government recognized DSA’s
6) The name with which LLP is to be incorporated is to be decided.
7) The registrar will approve the name applied for provided the name is
not either undesirable in the opinion of the Central Government or that
is identical with or that which too nearly resembles to the name of any
existing partnership firm or a LLP or a body corporate or a trade mark
registered or pending registration under the Trade Marks Act, 1999.
8) Application shall be made in (E-Form 1) for the availability of the
proposed name with the Registrar
9) Applicable fees have to be paid by of credit card.
10) The name approved shall be available for adoption for a period of 3
11) Thereafter Limited Liability Partnership Agreement governing the
mutual rights and duties among the partners and among the LLP and its
partners is to be prepared which contains :
Name of the LLP
Name of Partners & Designated Partners
Manner of contribution
Profit/Loss Sharing ratio between partners
Rights & Duties and obligations of Partners
Proposed Business of LLP
Rules for governing the conduct of operations of LLP
In case no agreement is entered into, the rights & duties as prescribed
under Schedule I to the LLP Act shall be applicable.
12) LLP agreement contains a subscription sheet which must be subscribed
by the partners who shall sign the same along with their name. The
subscription sheet must be witnessed by any chartered Accountant/Company
Secretary/Advocate in practice.
13) lncorporation documents must be filed with the Registrar in (E-Form 2)
with the following attachments.
1. Copy of authorization where the partner is a limited liability
partnership, or company, or a limited liability partnership incorporated
outside India or a company incorporated outside India.
2. Proof of address of registered office of limited liability partnership.
3. Details in respect of names of partners/witnesses and their
4. Attachments in respect of details of individuals/bodies corporate
where the number exceeds five.
5. Optional attachments as may be required.
14)E-Forms contains details such as name of designated partners, SRN no.
of E-Form 1, name of LLP, address of LLP, particulars of the state in which
LLP is being incorporated.
15)After the Registrar is satisfied that all the formalities with respect to the
incorporation has been complied , he will issue a Certificate of
Incorporation as to formation of the LLP within maximum of 14 days
from date of filing of documents . The Certificate of Incorporation issued
shall be the conclusive evidence of formation of the LLP.
16)On incorporation Every LLP so registered shall be assigned a LLP
identification number (LLPIN) in one consecutive series
17) LLP agreement must be filed in (E-Form 3) with the Registrar. This form
must be filed within 30 days of incorporation.
18) The LLP Agreement must be stamped in accordance with the stamp Act
applicable in the relevant state where LLP is being incorporated.
19) The consent of the partner to act as partner of LLP must be filed in (E-
Form no. 4) along with the following attachments :
Identity proof.This form must be filed within 30 days of
20) All the E-Forms will be digitally signed by any Designated partner and
shall be certified by an advocate/company secretary/chartered
accountant/cost accountant in practice engaged in the formation of LLP.