Al Ihsa Street Malaz District firstname.lastname@example.org 00966597185087
Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 00923216866370
OBJECTIVE: Piping Design Engineer
HEIGHLTS OF QUALIFICATION:
• Over three years of extensive experience in Piping Design Engineering in field of oil & gas and fertilizers plants.
• Solid experience of 3D conceptual design of piping system using CADWorx Plant and PDMS.
• Experience of isometric, stress isometric & piping plan development.
• Extensive experience of pipe stress analysis using Caesar ii.
• Experience in preparation of bill of material and material specification.
• Experience in drafting tools like autoCAD and Microstation
• Calculation of wall thickness of pipe as per ASME B31.3
• Experience in mechanical design of pressure vessel using compress
• Reviewing vendor’s drawings.
• Knowledge of ASME B31.3 and related codes and standards
• Experience in leading a team of draftsmen
• Experience in assisting fabrication team
• Experience in both new projects (green projects) and revamping projects (Brown Projects).
Piping Engineer (short term contract) May 2010 to Date
Alrabiah Berkeley Engineering, Saudi Arabia
• Site data collection and documents receiving
• Preparing detail engineering design package as per scope of work and clients standards ( Saudi Aramco)
• Performing Stress analysis of piping system on Caesar ii.
• Preparation of Engineering drawings on Microstation as per Aramco drawing standard
• Preparation of MTO
• Preparation of contractor scope of work for fabrication.
• Design of Jump over line for ISOM Unit in Yanbu Refinery for Saudi Aramco
• Design of Tempered Water System in Waste heat boiler Unit in Yanbu Refinery for Saudi Aramco
• Design of drainage system of compressors (12) in Yanbu Refinery for Saudi Aramco
• Design package for implementation of Flare Study report in Riyadh Refinery for Saudi Aramco
• Design package for removal of steam and condensate lines for start up cooler turbine in Riyadh Refinery for Saudi Aramco
• Design package for oxidiser off gas line in Riyadh Refinery for Saudi Aramco
PIPING DESIGN ENGINEER May 2009 to May 2010
Pak-American Fertilizers Limited (PAFL)
Pak-American Fertilizers Limited (PAFL) is one of major fertilizers producers in the country. PAFL has built its own
designing team to design two new phosphatic plants and to assist its plant’s team in modification and revamping projects.
• Provided technical support & engineering documents review in capacity enhancement project (PACE135).
• Identified design modification as per field in ammonia revamp before fabrication.
• Identified design modification required as per field in Urea revamp and made changes to avoid clashes with civil structure
• Assisted project team in finalization of bill of material.
• Managed heavy work load (design review and incorporated all changes in house of PACE 135 project) in limited time of 50
• Designed piping system of ID fan steam turbine and new cooling tower cell and Performed stress analysis and support
• Provided equipment plan and 3D conceptual model of Di-calcium Phosphate Project.
• Assisted in designing of pressure vessel and storage tank.
• Performed stress analysis of critical lines and special support design in Di-calcium Phosphate Project.
• Led a team of draftsmen in development of Piping Plan, Isometric drawings & all other piping detail drawings for
fabrication in Di-calcium Phosphate Project.
• Prepared BOM and assisted in procurement of material via communication with vendors.
• Studied existing plant drawings for revamping and debottlenecking.
• Participated in revamp study for increasing capacity of Single Super Phosphate Plant from 300 MTPD to 500 MTPD and
Sulphuric Acid plant from 110 MTPD to 220 MTPD.
Piping Engineer Rafiullah email@example.com Cell# 00966597185087 Page 1 of 3
• Participated in basic & detail engineering design of Di Calcium Phosphate (100 MTPD) and Phosphoric Acid (150 MTPD)
• Succeeded in saving $250,000 of rework by making in-house changes in design of urea plant piping by third party.
• Saved $0.5 Million in terms of detail engineering of Di Calcium Phosphate (100 MTPD) and Phosphoric Acid (150 MTPD)
plant by doing it in house.
• Held in-house training of Autocad and CADWorx Plant.
PIPING DESIGN ENGINEER June 2007 to May 2009
SPECIATY PROCESS EQUIPMENT COPORATION (SPEC)
Specialty Process Equipment Corporation (SPEC) is a Houston-USA based EPC Company with its branches in UAE, Pakistan,
Qatar, Yemen & Nigeria. The company provides engineering studies, complete process & detailed engineering designs,
fabrication of production equipment & complete assemblies, total system testing prior to shipping, project management,
start up & commissioning to oil & gas industry worldwide.
• Provided complete piping design of Amine sweetening and soar water stripping system of Haseeb gas development field
as per ASME B31.3
• Participated in mechanical design & detail engineering of skid mounted LPG extraction plant (UMUTU Gas Plant
• Participated in mechanical design & detail engineering of skid mounted LPG extraction plant ( Kenlyk LPG Plant-Russia)
• Provided complete detail engineering of 2 test separator for British Petroleum in Pakistan.
• Performed stress analysis and special support design.
• Participated in bill of material perpetration and material specification.
• Assisted in mechanical design of pressure vessel and tower.
• Participated in vendor’s drawing review.
• Assisted proposal department in preparation of different proposals.
• Mastered engineering software like CADWorx Plant, CADWorx Equipment, Codeware Compress, Caesar ii and PDMS and
improved detail engineering design.
• Trained colleagues in stress analysis using Caesar ii.
• Succeeded in performing stress analysis within the company which was being outsourced previously, hence saving large
amount of money.
• Held in-house training of Caesar ii and saved considerable amount on foreign training.
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore Pakistan in 2007.
Engineering Design & Analysis Software:
• CADWorx Plant
• PDMS 11.6
• CADWorx Equipment
• Caesar ii
• MicroStation V8, V8i, XM, SE
• Codeware Compress
• ANSYS® Mechanical
Project Management & Others:
• Microsoft Project & Primavera®.
• Graphics & Web Designing using Macromedia Tools
• Microsoft Windows XP & MS Office
• Good communication skill / Sound interpersonal skills
• Analytical and resourceful
• Enthusiastic / ambitious / motivated
• Very fast learner and ready to accept new things
• Result oriented
• Co-operative / flexible
• Organized / efficient
Piping Engineer Rafiullah firstname.lastname@example.org Cell# 00966597185087 Page 2 of 3
• Registered with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
LANGUAGE Writing Speaking Listening
• English Excellent Very Good Excellent
• Urdu Excellent Excellent Excellent
• Syraiky Excellent Excellent Excellent
• Reading books especially about my field
• Badminton, Cricket.
Reference will be furnished upon request. CV compiled on August 2010.
Piping Engineer Rafiullah email@example.com Cell# 00966597185087 Page 3 of 3