Mercedes-Benz has created multiple “popemobiles” for several Popes to allow them to be more visible when greeting large crowds.
Not very flashy. All commercials are oriented around qualities and features of vehicle as well as luxury look.
Used to focus on heritage and reliability. Now, expanded to many audiences and
It’s not that MB lost it’s wholesomeness, it is now branching out to new audiences
Heritage, were the best
Perfection, we know what were doing, offers
By Raven Rodriguez
● The purpose of my case study is to show that Mercedes-Benz as a brand
and company has worked successfully to advertise to many different target
audiences, as well as to build value with their customers.
● I chose Mercedes-Benz because they are one of the the finest automobile
companies in the world and they are one of the ultimate contenders for
mass-production of quality cars.
● Their long-lived prestigiousness and superiority is appealing to me.
● Did you know, in 1886, Carl Benz invented the first automobile?
● Mercedes-Benz got it’s name from founders Karl Benz and Emil Jellinek,
whose daughter’s name was Mercedes.
● Though Mercedes-Benz Corporate headquarters is located in Stuttgart,
Germany, they have manufacturing facilities in seventeen countries and
● The Mercedes-Benz brand image has become synonymous of the world’s
most innovative car brands, at the same time, it is also the brand which
has the world’s highest brand awareness and value-added.
The three pointed star represents the three branches of motorization,
land, sea and air, as well as the three commitments that reflect the
brand; superior technology, comfort and style.
Slogan: “Das Beste oder nichts”
● Their successful marketing strategy is based on integrated marketing and brand
○ Modernized it’s brand image and directs customer approach very specifically at relevant
customer target groups.
● Differentiated sales formats for individual customer contact at retail level.
● Good locations, easily accessible, distinguishable building designs.
● Their goal is to be recognized not only as a means of transportation, but comfort
and luxury as well.
Their advertising includes all forms of advertising media.
Television, Radio, Print, Internet, Direct, Signage, Product Placement, Mobile Devices,
● Mercedes-Benz is in the maturity stage of it’s life cycle and
uses types of promotional advertisement that aim to retain
and remind customers of their brand loyalty.
● Being known for it’s top quality, Mercedes-Benz focuses
primarily on the cars’ promise of excellent technology, and
benefit of top-of-the-line performance, as well as heritage.
During my research I have found there are many reasons why Mercedes-Benz has been a
prosperous company with successful marketing campaigns throughout the years.
● They offer consumers: Technology that makes the car even better & more pleasant to
drive than “lesser” models.
o Usually are the first to make the newest innovative technology available.
o Quality that is second to none.
o Everything about the car is finely detailed and well thought out.
o Reliable, quiet to drive, and not any worse on fuel than engines of the same size.
o Their reputation alone makes them desirable.
● There are a couple of different techniques from the marketing campaigns
Mercedes-Benz has used that make them a successful company even though they
sell their products at high prices.
o They stick with their target market, middle aged people of middle to high incomes.
o They do not produce low priced vehicles, effectively cutting off consumers with low
o They target both males and females and design cars to fit accordingly.
o Within their designated target market, they branch off new ideas to appeal to different
personalities and lifestyles.
From Mercedes-Benz advertising, we can learn that if you stick to your target
audience, and meet consumer expectations with consistent results, you will have a