hi friends, this presentation is about the brand "SONY" which will talk about its customer target ,groups and the pricing depending on customer's income and which product is more famous among the people.
Akio Morita and Marosu Ibuka on 7th may 1946 set up
Tokyo telecommunication research laboratories with $500.
Company entered into consumer electronics market in
1950 with its tape recorder.
In 1955 produced first transistor radio.
• Trinitron color television (1968)
• Walkman personal stereo (1979)
• Handy cam video camera (1989)
• PlayStation (1994)
• Blu-ray Disc recorder (2003)
Mergers, acquisitions and
• 1988- Sony music entertainment.
• 1989-Sony pictures entertainment.
• 1993-Sony Psygnosis Ltd.
• 1995-Sony/ATV music published.
• 1997-ST liquid crystal display corporation.
• 2001-Sony Ericsson.
• Price variables such as dealer price, retail price, discounts, allowances, credit terms
etc. influence the development of marketing strategy, as price is a major factor
that influences the assessment of value obtained by customers
• For example, Lets consider Sony series of VAIO laptops. Sony has tried to
categorize the laptops according to style, user, purpose, mobility
and performance, and each a corresponding price.
• Personal selling-
• Sales promotion- discounts, coupons, exchange
offers, early bird prizes.
• Direct marketing and publicity-
Telephone, mail or the internet
• Public relation: suppliers,media,financial institutions
• GREY MARKET
A market where a product is bought and sold outside of the
manufacturer's authorized trading channels.
It uses Zero-level channel, one level channel :M TO C
two-level channel: M TO W TO C
In India, Sony has used the method of one-level distribution
• Quality leader
• Excellent network all over the world.
• Leader in all the gadget like mobile, audio & video system.
• high price
• Low cost spent on advertisement.
• No offering to mid budget customers..
• Weak after sale service.
• to build market among mid budget customers.
• To associate with F1 Team and push their brand.
• Deliver advertisement on radio.
• Technological Competiton by Samsung , Nokia , Dell, Apple.
•Excellent network all over the
•Leader in all the gadget like
mobile, audio & video system.
•Low cost spent on
•No offering to mid budget
•Weak after sale service.
•to build market among mid
•To associate with F1 Team and
push their brand.
•Deliver advertisement on
•Technological Competiton by
BASES OF SEGMENTATION
• JAPAN COUNTRY
• MAXIMUM PLACES
• ALL OVER THE WORLD
• Male, Female
• Income groups
• Every sector
• MAINLY URBAN AREA
Middle & Upper Middle class families (age 20+to seniors), Working
Adults with hobbies of TV watching, sports, movies and high-endgame
• MARKETING STRATEGY IS SATISFIED
• MORE FOCUS IS ON URBAN AREA AS IT SHOULD ALSO BE ON
• LESS ADVERTISING
• HIGH PRICES
• SHOULD LOWER DOWN THE PRICE FOR MIDDLE CLASS