- Nelson Mandela was born on the 18 th of July 1918
- Nelson played with toys made from stuff like branches and clay
- Sadly at the age of nine Nelsons father died of lung disease
- And too top it off south Africa was a place which believed in apartheid which means separate or apart because of it the black people were deprived of their citizenship.
Here’s a example
School and Education
- Nelson Mandela was the very first person to go school in his family
- Nelson was given the name Nelson by his teacher
- After primary school he enrolled for University College of Forte Hare for a bachelor art degree that is where he meet his life long friend Oliver Tambo.
Nelson and Oliver
- Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years for encouraging black people to go on strike and for illegally leaving South Africa.
- All because he wanted to stop racism
- He was 72 when he was released.
- Nelson Mandela became the president of South Africa on the 10th of May in 1994
- 10 th of May till the 14 th of June 1999
- During his time as president he fought against racism and apartheid's
- Although many people still believe that racism is around not a lot of people like to talk about it
- Now black people have the same rights as white.
- When Nelson Mandela retired he returned to his home town Qunu, Transkei were he was born.
- And if you were wondering Nelson had three wives there names are Winnie, Evelyn and Graça Mandela
- Graça is still Nelson mandelas wife.
- Nelson is 91 and is being treated for prostate cancer.
- Thanks for watching my slide show Nelson Mandela is an inspiration to all us. I hope to see many more good people like him around in the future. Thanks for watching