2. Provide Information & demonstrate Influence an intention to help them do better. Change their approach or doRecognize and Reward something different.Improve Work Quality Open and honest dialogue. Building Working Prevent Guess work about Relations performance. Clarify the what, how, why and when Clarify Expectations of jobs and tasks.Influence Motivation Let people know you have noticed. Provide unambiguous informationManage Performance on performance standards.
3. Things to Remember Submissive - Avoid raising the topic or raise it very Tentatively.Aggressive - Getting angry to raise the topic in an abrupt or heavy – handed manner. Assertive – Viewed as constructive to get the desired change in the way a person carries out a particular aspect of his job.
4. The constructive criticism should be sandwiched between twolayers of positive comments. Compliment Complaint Compliment
5. Circumstance : What was the situation?Action : What was done ?Result : What was the consequence ? What could be done differently ?
6. Things to Remember Clarify with examples. Do not let it be personal attack. It is OK to disagree assertively. Ensure feed back cycle is completed. Do not React.
7. Things to Remember Ensure that a formal meeting has been scheduled & give enough time for preparation. Avoid distractions, meetings, phone calls. Be open & listen tentatively. Focus on facts rather than perceptions, putting aside past prejudices in order to get an objective view of performance.Maintain confidentiality of data.Mutually appreciate the engagement & commitment.