2. Early life• Leonardo was born on the 15th of April, 1452 in a town called Vinci in Italy and was raised by father who didn’t have a wife. Leonardo never went to a public school. Leonardo’s Full name is Leonardo Di Ser Piero Vinci which means Leonardo From the town of Vinci. Leonardo only recalled two things from his childhood. One was when a kite dropped from the sky and went over his cot and the kites’…..
3. • ….. tail brushing his face. The other thing was when he was on a mountain. Then he found a cave and was terrified and thought that some monster might be there, but he was curious and went inside. In 1466(when he was 14) Leonardo was an apprentice to the artist Andrea Di Cione. She was known as Verrocchio who had a workshop that was one of the finest in Florence. Here he learnt many skills.
4. Life• In 1472 (When Leonardo was 20) Leonardo was known as the painters guild of Florence. The earliest known dated work of Leonardos is a pen and ink drawing of the Arno Valley. It is done in August 5th 1473. This work was done before Leonardo became an independent artist and stuff, at age 26. From around 1482 to 1499 Ludovico Sforza the Duke of Milan, employed Leonardo getting him a workshop.…..
5. • …..During this time seventy tons of bronze was set aside for Leonardos Gran Cavallo horse statue.• Leonardo stayed in Milan for a while until the morning he came upon French archers using his life-size clay model of the Gran Cavallo for target practice. He left with Salai, his assistant and, his friend Luca Pacioli. After two months he moved on to Venice where he was hired as a military engineer…..
6. • …..Leonardo returned to Florence briefly at the end of April 1500. In Florence he entered the services of Cesare Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander VI. He worked as Borgias military architect and engineer and traveled with him throughout Italy. • From 1513 to 1516, Leonardo lived in Rome, where painters Raphael and Michelangelo were active at the time, although he had little contact with these
7. • ….However, Leonardo was probably pivotal in the relocation of Michelangelos David in Florence; the move was against Michelangelos will. • • Leonardo’s horse in Milan
8. Final years• By 1516 the King of France, Francis 1, wanted Leonardo to join his service. At this time Leonardo wanted to leave Italy. He was bored of the title of First painter, architect, and engineer to the King and he lived in the town of Cloux close the Kings palace. At the age of 67, in 1519, while living in France Leonardo Da Vinci died and was buried in the church of Saint-Florentin. The church was completely torn down during the 19th Century.
9. Timeline1452 Leonardo is born on April 15 in of Vinci.1467 At 14 Leonardo went to Florence to work as apprentice to Andrea De Verrocchio.1472 20 years old Leonardo is accepted into the painters guild of Florence.1478 The Annunciation is painted.1482 Leonardo moves to Milan to work in the service of the citys duke Ludovico Sforza. He gets a title of painter and engineer of the duke1483 Leonardo paints the Virgin of the Rocks.1485 Leonardo paints Lady with an Ermine.1495 Leonardo begins work on The Last Supper in the refectory of the convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan.1498 The Last Supper is completed.1499 With the duke Ludovico Sforzaa fall from power, Da Vinci leaves Milan and spends a short time in Venice.1500 Leonardo begins painting the Virgin and Child with Saint Anne, a project that he only finishes after 10 years.1500 Leonardo returns to Florence.1502 Leonardo begins work as senior military architect and general engineer for Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI.1503 Leonardo is commissioned to paint the Mona Lisa.1503 Leonardo is commission to paint a mural for the council hall in Florences Palazzo Vecchio, which is to be the Battle of Anghiari, a work that would remain unfinished.1516 The king of France invites Leonardo to come work for him.1519 May 2, Leonardo dies in France.
10. • Fast facts• Leonardo was vegetarian who loved animals and hated the idea of war, but he worked as a military engineer to invent advanced and deadly weapons.• Leonardo was a painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, inventor anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer.• He invented the bike 300 years before it came
11. • He invented the bike 300 years before it came on the road.• He created a tube so that people could float in the water.• Leonardo invented the scissors.• Leonardo liked to buy caged birds so he could set them free.• He was a left handed dyslexic and procrastinating perfectionist.
12. • He was a left handed dyslexic and procrastinating perfectionist.• Leonardo when he made notes he wrote it in reverse so no one could dig through his notes and steal his ideas.• The case of Leonardo da Vinci’s death is unknown, but some scientists believe that he died from natural cause, he died on May 2nd1519.