1. DATE OF BIRTH Anne Frank was born on the 12th June, 1929 in Frank FurtGermany.
2. DEATH DATE She died in March 1945, Lower Saxony, Germany.
3. BIOGRAPHY On June 12th 1942, Anne’s parents gave her a red diary for her 13thbirthday. She also liked to play with her toys, ride her bike, and go tothe seaside. Anne and her family moved Germany to Amsterdam in1933. They were trapped in Amsterdam by the Nazi occupation ofthe Netherlands in 1940. Otto Frank was the only survivor of theFrank family and Anne’s Diary had been saved.
4. WHY IS ANNE FRANK FAMOUS? Anne Frank is famous for her diary. Her diary was first publishedas a book in 1947.
5. WHAT DID SHE NAME HER FIRST DIARY? Anne Frank named her first diary ‘Kitty’. Anne Frank’s Diary
6. WHAT IS ANNE FRANK ALSO KNOWN AS? She is also known as Annelies Marie Frank.
7. FAMILY Father: Otto Frank. Otto Frank died at the age of 91 on the 19th August, 1980. Otto Frank died oflung cancer in Bergenfield, Switzerland. He was born on 12/5/1889. Mother: Edith Frank. Edith Frank died at the age of 44 on 6th January 1945 in Auschwitz. She wasborn was born on 16/1/1900. Sister: Margot – Betti Frank. Margot – Betti Frank died at the age of 19 in March 1945. She died of typhus inBelsen. She was born on 16/2/1926.
8. GROWING UP Anne Frank was born in Germany but her family moved toAmsterdam in 1933 when she was a young child. Anne lived inHolland until 1945, when the eight people were betrayed. The Franksfamily went into their hiding place on July 6th 1942. On the morningof the 4th august 1944, the Achterhuis was stormed by the Germansecurity Police.
9. MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS One of her major achievements was surviving in their hiding placefor 2 years. Anne Frank’s award was originally established in 2003 bythe Anne Frank trust, UK.
10. WHY DID ANNE FRANK’S FAMILY GO INTO HIDING? Anne’s family were hiding because of the war. They were alsohiding behind a bookcase.
11. WHAT WAS LIFE LIKE DURING THE TIME SHE WAS HIDING WITH HER FAMILY? The people hiding were not allowed to go outside because it wastoo dangerous. They also weren’t allowed to open the curtainsotherwise one of the neighbours would be able to see them. Theywere only allowed to open a little crack through the windows andopen the small window in the attic room because that was the onlyway chance of getting some air.
12. WHAT WAS LIFE LIKE FOR A JEW LIVING IN GERMANY? Anne Frank & other Jews were forced to think they were lowerand inadequate to everyone else because they had a different religiousbelief.
13. HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE KILLED BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION? By the end of WWII, 6 million Jews were killed because they were,in Hitler’s eyes differently from everyone else.
14. SHORT TIMELINE June 12, 1929 - Anne Frank born in Frankfurt, Germany. Her parents were Otto and Edith Frank Anne Franks sister was called Margot Her father was an officer in the German army in World War I 1933 - Adolf Hitlers Nazi party come to power in GermanyHitler begins his campaign against the Jews Anne Frank and her family move to Amsterdam 1933 where they hope to be safe from the Nazi Germans. May, 1940 - the Germans invade the Netherlands May 1942 - all Jews aged six and older are required to wear a yellow Star of David on their clothes to set them apart from non-Jews. Jews are arrested just for being Jews. June 14 1943 - Anne starts writing her diary July 6, 1942 - Frank family go into hiding August 4, 1944 - Their hiding place is discovered and they are arrested. September 3, 1944 - Frank family are transported to the Auschwitz death camp in Poland. October, 1944, Anne and Margot are transported from Auschwitz to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany. March 1945 - Anne dies in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, from Typhus