1. Crystal Skull, by Jack MacClaren, 1936 Non-fiction (though bogus)
2. Coastal Peru MexicoEngland Illinois
3. The worst of pseudo-archaeology: Extra-terrestrials in prehistoryPalenque, temple of the inscriptions Map of Mesoamerica
4. King Pakal I, of Palenque.Carved on the lid of hissarcophagus (massive Erich Von Daniken believesstone casket) that the carving shows Pakal beaming up to a space ship.
5. Palace and tower from the Maya ruins of Palenque, Mexico
6. Von Daniken’s examples of extra-terrestrial influence show a pattern of racism.Specifically, he gives credit for achievements to Europeans but not to people of other continents In other continents, achievements are credited to extra-terrestrial intervention Examples of extra-terrestrial intervention Continent of the Example Number of examples Africa 16 Asia 12 Europe 2 North America 11 South America 10
7. Nazca lines from thesouth coast of Peru Nazca River
8. lines Trapezoids
10. Experimental archeaology
11. Colonial1532 ad Late Horizon Cahuachi site,1350 ad Nazca Valley Late Intermediate900 ad Middle Horizon600 ad Early Nazca culture Intermediate200 bc Early Horizon900 bc Initial period2000 bc Preceramic
12. Colonial Nazca culture1532 ad Late Horizon1350 ad Late Intermediate900 ad Middle Horizon600 ad Early Intermediate200 bc Early Horizon900 bc Initial period2000 bc Preceramic
13. Possible explanations of thepurpose of the Nazca lines?--They are paths for travel--they are parade routes--they have to do with water--they have to do with religion.
14. World’s first nuclear bomb tested atWhite Sands Missile Range, June 15, 1945
15. Landscape of the Whtie Sands missile range
16. Gran Quivira pueblo
17. Pueblo Bonito, New Mexico: 800 rooms Pueblo Bonito, Chaco Canyon, New Mexico