1. Our Efforts to Help Combat Cancer in Our Community!
2. Community Service Projects:
3. Susan G. Komen Houston Race for the Cure! WHEN: 4:45 AM to 1:45 PM on Saturday, October 3, 2009 WHERE: Sam Houston Race Park WHY : To help raise awareness WHO: 20 Students and 10 Adults WHAT: Volunteering by handing out water to tired runners
4. Houston Texan's WHEN: 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 WHERE: Reliant Stadium WHY : To later sell the signed items to raise money for Breast Cancer WHO: 10 Students and 5 Adults WHAT: To get items signed by current Texan players Fan Appreciation Day!
5. QVMS Open House Sale WHEN: 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM on Thursday, September 24, 2009 WHERE: Quail Valley Middle School WHAT : Selling Breast Cancer items to the parents around QVMS WHO: 25 Students stationed all around QVMS in small “booths” WHY: To raise money for Breast Cancer and other health related activities
6. Paint QVMS Pink! WHEN: Friday, October 9, 2009 WHERE: Quail Valley Middle School WHAT : Decorating the school pink with Breast Cancer signs, and students wore pink clothing WHO: Students at Quail Valley Middle School (about 900 Students attend QVMS) WHY: To raise awareness for breast cancer
7. Cancer is the TARGET: T-Shirt Contest WINNERS Michelle Huang Brendan D'Souza
8. Choclate Candy Sales WHEN: Thursday, September 17, 2009 till October 2, 2009 WHERE: The Quail Valley Community WHAT : Selling various custom designed chocolate bars to children and adults in the community WHO: Approximately 65 students and 7 faculty members of QVMS WHY: To raise money for Breast Cancer and other health related activities STATISTICS: We sold approximately 10,000 candy bars, and raised about $7,500
9. Pushing Towards the Cure! WHEN: Friday, February 26, 2010 WHERE: Dave & Busters WHAT : Ms. Crafter, our sponsor, “pushed” towards the cure; she was sponsored by various people who donated to breast cancer for each push-up she completed WHO: Ms. Crafter and about 35 sponsors WHY: To raise money for Breast Cancer
10. OUR BIGGEST PROJECT EVER!
11. Breast Cancer Fundraiser WHEN: April 1, 2009 to April 30, 2009 AND November 2, 2009 to December 1, 2009 WHERE: The Quail Valley Community WHAT : Raising money by asking individuals in the community to donate to breast cancer awareness and research WHO: Approximately 89 students and 12 faculty members of QVMS WHY: To raise money for Breast Cancer
12. 2010 Bowling with the Stars Presentation at the 2010 Bowling with the Star event, cancer survivors and our achievements were recognized at this event; people who raised at-least 100 dollars for breast cancer were invited to the event The students had a chance to bowl with about 10 ex-professional football players; about 70 students attended the event
13. THE NUMBERS: Breast Cancer Fundraiser 2008-2009: $12,646.01 (ALL Donated to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) Breast Cancer Fundraiser 2009-2010: $12,803.52 (ALL Donated to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) Pushing Towards the Cure 2009-2010: $231.00 (ALL Donated to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) Candy Sales 2009-2010: $14,358.39 ($1,140.90 Donated to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) DONATED TO M.D ANDERSON CANCER CENTER (ALL-TIME TOTAL): $25,449.53 !!!!
14. Presentation of check to Dr. Daniel Booser, one of M.D. Anderson’s top oncologists