3. 1 It is a metabolic pathway that converts carbon dioxide into organic compounds, especially sugars, using the energy from sunlight. Which process? INFINITE BOUNCE
5. PHOTOSYNTHESIS INFINITE BOUNCE
6. INFINITE BOUNCE 2 For what contribution did Albert Einstein receive the Nobel Prize in 1929?
8. INFINITE BOUNCE The Photoelectric effect (not theory of relativity)
10. INFINITE BOUNCE 3 Built by Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah in 1591, shortly after he had shifted his capital from Golkonda to what now is known as Hyderabad , this beautiful colossus in granite, lime, mortar and, some say, pulverised marble, was at one time the heart of the city. Legend says that this structure was built to commemorate the eradication of the dreaded plague disease from the city of Hyderabad. What is the structure being described here?
12. INFINITE BOUNCE The CHARMINAR
14. INFINITE BOUNCE 4 The copper-clad statue, dedicated on October 28, 1886, commemorates the centennial of the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence and was given to the United States to represent the friendship established during the American Revolution by the people of France. What am I talking about?
18. INFINITE BOUNCE 5 This ruler was born in 69 B.C. and was the last Pharaoh of ancient Egypt. She was first member of the ruler’s family in their 300-year reign in Egypt to have learned the Egyptian language. The patron goddess of this ruler was Isis. She is known for her heavenly beauty . She committed suicide on 12 August 30 B.C. by allowing an asp to bite her. Whom are we talking about?
20. INFINITE BOUNCE CLEOPATRA VII
22. INFINITE BOUNCE 6 The portrait of which Indian king finds a place in the NASA headquarters?
24. INFINITE BOUNCE Tipu Sultan (He was the first king to use rocketry in warfare)
26. INFINITE BOUNCE 7 Douglas Engelbart created a device called ‘X Y Pointing Device’. It brought in a revolution in the field of personal computing. How do we call it now?
28. INFINITE BOUNCE THE COMPUTER MOUSE
30. INFINITE BOUNCE 8 Ruth Handler watched her daughter Barbara at play with paper dolls, and noticed that she often enjoyed giving them adult roles. At the time, most children's toy dolls were representations of infants. Realizing that there could be a gap in the market, Handler suggested the idea of an adult-bodied doll to her husband Elliot, a co-founder of the Mattel toy company. He was unenthusiastic about the idea, as were Mattel's directors.
32. INFINITE BOUNCE BARBIE DOLL
34. INFINITE BOUNCE 9 The Nawab of Arcot gifted a piece of land to Sayyid Shah Khan (a high-ranking 18-century official of the court of the Nawab of Arcot in 1730.) How do we better know this piece of land in the present day? The place is in Chennai.
36. INFINITE BOUNCE Saidapet, derived from the Tamil word &quot;Syed-oda-Paetai&quot; which literally translates to &quot;Syed's Land&quot;
38. INFINITE BOUNCE 10 How do we better know &quot;id est&quot; ?
40. INFINITE BOUNCE i.e (That is) !!!
42. INFINITE BOUNCE 11 Name the only two Nobel Prize winners who have also been awarded the Bharath Ratna.
44. INFINITE BOUNCE Mother Teresa and Sir C.V.Raman
46. INFINITE BOUNCE 12 Give the Japanese word literally meaning ‘empty orchestra’ or ‘without voice’.
48. INFINITE BOUNCE KARAOKE
50. INFINITE BOUNCE 13 This famous Indian’s first two names are Madurai Shanmugavadi. How is this person better known ?
52. INFINITE BOUNCE M.S.Subbulakshmi
54. INFINITE BOUNCE 14. Who is Roddick’s opponent in this video ?
56. The Video Game “Pong”
58. Over 200 million of this handset has been sold since its launch in late 2003, making it the world's best selling consumer electronics device in the world, beating Sony's Playstation 2 (125 million), Apple's iPod (170 million) and Motorola's RAZR (120 million). Name the product. 15.
60. Nokia 1100
61. Who is the world’s largest importer of the following: Besan flour (kadalai mavu), Sugar, Cashew nuts, Cardamom, Ghee, Oil, Sugar candy, Raisins and Almonds? 16.
63. Tirumala Tirupati devasthanams
64. Decipher the popular english sentence depicted in this picture: 17.
66. A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. It is a ‘pangram’ meaning it contains all 26 letters of the English Alphabet.