2. 25 questions 5 starred questions No negatives No discussions between two different teams No mobile phones
3. Here We Go….
4. It is situated in the Dadar area of Mumbai.It is of historical and cultural value because of the political and social gatherings it has witnessed, both in pre- and post- independence Mumbai. It is the largest park in Mumbai. Clue: Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sivaji Park
6. He received five Ballon dOr nominations, and finished on third place in 2009, 2010 and 2011 (in all these years, his colleague, Lionel Messi was the winner). He won the World Soccer Player of the Year in 2010, especially for his performance with Spain national team at the World Cup 2010.
7. Xavi Hernandes
8. After spending 12 seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves, X was traded to the Boston Celtics in a blockbuster trade in 2007. In his first year with the Celtics, he helped lead them to their first NBA championship since 1986.
9. Kevin Garnett
10. The ball is released by flicking it between the thumb and a bent middle finger in order to impart spin. Though the delivery is known to date from at least the 1940s, it was re- introduced into mainstream international cricket in the late 2000s by X.
11. Carrom Ball Ajantha Mendis
12. The sport has been adapted under the name of “X Quidditch“ to the real world. Since at least 2003, Harry Potter fans have played ball games resembling the Harry Potter sport. In the United States, teams from more than 200 colleges are affiliated with the International Quidditch Association and play tournaments. Quidditch tournaments are a mainstay of Harry Potter Conventions, such as Nimbus 2003,
14. What has this bird got to do with a sports quiz?
16. No clues.Name him.
18. He was part of Johan Cruyffs dream team that won Barcelonas first European Cup. X also played for Brescia Calcio and A.S. Roma in Italy; Al-Ahli in Qatar; and for Dorados de Sinaloa in Mexico while attending managing school. While playing in Italy, he served a four-month ban for a positive drug test although he was cleared of wrongdoing twice on appeal in 2009. As an international, he played for Spain and friendly matches with Catalonia.
19. Pep Guardiola
20. X was born in Budapest as Arnold Guttmann. But we popularly know him by another name which means sailor in Hungarian. Known by the nickname “Hungarian Dolphin”, he won 2 Olympic gold medals in 1896 for swimming and later played for the Hungarian football team from their first ever international match. He is considered to be one of the founders of Hungarian football.
21. Alfred Hajos
22. X envisaged not only Asias first fully integrated Steel Plant but also the model township of Jamshedpur. He advised his son, Dorab to earmark "areas for Football, hockey and Parks... “.Xs commitment to sports, in fact, preceded the building of the township. Eventually what came up?
23. TATA Football Academy
24. There were natural obstacles in marshy places such as provinces of Friesland in The Netherlands, along the North Sea, and the great level of the Fens across Cambridge shire, Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire and Norf olk. Artificial draining of these marshes created a network of open drains or canals intersecting each other. To cross these without getting wet, while avoiding tedious roundabout journeys over bridges, what were used. Inspired from this came a sport.
25. Pole Vault
26. Thecity having the oldest polo club in the world, recently hosted the “ EZRA world Cup” to commemorate its 150th anniversary. Name the city
28. GoldCoast in Australia won the right to host 2008 commonwealth games after defeating a surprise bid from which South Asian town?
30. Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, Super Series Masters Finals, All England Open, Asian Games, and Asia Championships….. "Super Grand Slam”. Name the first and only player to achieve this feat.
31. Lin Dan
32. Mughals were the earlier exponents of this game.The modern version of this game though formalised and popularised by the British, is derived from Manipur where the game was known as Sagol Kangjei, Kanjai-bazee, or Pulu’. It was the anglicised form of the last, referring to the wooden ball which was used, that was adopted by the sport in its slow spread to the west. Which game?
34. I was established in 1999 by Founding Patrons Daimler and Richemont and is supported by its Global Partners Mercedes- Benz, IWC Schaffhausen and Vodafone. The first gala was held on May 25, 2000 in Monte Carlo. What?
35. Laureus Sports Awards
36. X started training at the age of eight and he was selected into the national team in 1980. In 1982, he won six of the seven medals awarded at the Sixth World Cup Gymnastic Competition, earning him the title "Prince of gymnastics“.X retired from sporting competition in 1988, and in 1990 he founded X Company Limited, which sells footwear and sporting apparel
37. Li Ning
38. Hopman cup
39. X was the first ever Aboriginal Commonwealth Games gold medalist at age 16. 1994 was Xs breakthrough season. At the1994 Commonwealth Games in Canada, she won gold in both the 200 m and 400 m. She also won the silver medal in the 1996 Olympics and came first at the 1997 World Champion in the 400 m event. She announced her retirement from athletics in 2003. In 2001, she was awarded the World Sportswoman of the Year and the Medal of the Order of Australia
40. Cathy Freeman
41. Shewas an middle distance runner and won the 800 metres at the 1995 Asian Athletics Championships. She went on to win the bronze medals in 800 m and 1500 m events in the 1998 Asian Athletics Championships and gold medals in both the events in the Asian Games in Bangkok in 1998. A RGKR awardee, she is presently an MP from West Bengal. Who?
42. Jyotirmayi Sikhter
43. This is the only Olympic emblem to include a web address. The mirror of “X" and "2014" reflects that X is a meeting point between sea and mountains. As the main component of the X 2014 emblem, the Olympic rings sit large and in colour to show that this is a symbol of progress for the Olympic Movement. Identify X which is the name of the city to host the games????
44. In September 2011, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee decided to exclude this country from qualification for 2018 World Cup in Russia. However, in November 2011, following an appeal from their Football Federation, this country is allowed to participate in the qualification again, but they have to play all their home matches on "neutral grounds in another country“. Which is this unlucky country(in all respects but famous in the name of a lady)?
46. “Ifyou were a German, I would have made you at least a Major General” complimented by Hitler on seeing someone’s mesmerizing performance. Who is this legend ?
47. Dhyan Chand
48. World Series Hockey
49. Logos of UEFA cup until 2004 UEFA cup from 2004 to 2009 Europa League