1.• X was a Belgian surrealist artist. He was born in 1898, and is known for his thought-provoking images that challenge observers preconditioned perceptions of reality. On 12 March 1912, his mother committed suicide by drowning herself in the River Sambre. According to legend, X was present when her body was retrieved from the water. When she was found, her dress was covering her face, an image that has been suggested as the source of Xs paintings during 1927-1928, of people with cloth obscuring their faces. Even his later painting Y(1964) depicts a person whose face is partially obscured from view by an object. Give X and Y.
3. What is special about this ? • This is the ship New York sailing on the Hudson river.• The ship is so important, the shipyard workersreportedly treated it with "reverence usuallyaccorded to religious relics", gently touching it asthey walked by.
5. ID X.• In a book on him by Gautam Bhattacharya, Sachin Tendulkar revealed that in an India vs Pakistan match placed at the CCI in Mumbai in ‘88, he could not complete a catch whilst fielding in the deep. Going back home by the local train, he constantly grumbled about the captain X’s field placements.• Much much later, when X was asked to comment on Sachin’s supposed failures at converting his scores into victories for India, he said, “Perhaps, if Sachin had developed a sort of tunnel vision, which allowed him to focus on one ball at a time ,he might have been able to lead his side to more wins, especially when he was compiling big scores”, an article that drew criticism from many irate Sachin Tendulkar fans. He has also advicedSachin to quit more than once, saying he should retire while at the top of his game.
7. ID this person• He supposedly shares a birthday with Elvis Presley according to his former personal sushi chef.• Unlike majority of his countrymen he studied for a few years abroad• He idolizes Michael Jordan and is quite a good playmaker in basketball• He is brand conscious and owns several Nike shoes and an Apple I Mac which is quite ironic• His hairstyle is not one of the 28 sanctioned for men in his country• He loves the 1980s disco and a recent guest of his remarked that when he first met him there was an all girl band playing in the background and they really got down• After his mothers death in 2004 he binge drank and ate leading to him being one of the few overweight people in his impoverished homeland• He looks disturbingly like his revered grandfather that there were rumours he had plastic surgery to achieve that
8. Name the song• Ditineerapriyaranjini is a raga in Carnatic music. Its usually sung during twilight in madhya laya. This recent song has used the raga, and has become a rage in recent times.
9. ID X and Z• A famous landmark in California which was earlier named XY - has been vandalised a multiple times and hence undergone restoration a lot of times as well. In 1970s it was said to have reached its worst condition only to be restored completely in 1978.• However it recently came into the news because a movie Z thats set in 1979/80 depicted this landmark in its dilapidated state which is historically inaccurate. This landmark is fashionably known as X.
10. Who comes next?First four guys in the list are:• Wilfred Rhodes• Brian Close• Frank Woolley• George Headley
11. ID this player• 1134 games 718.5 hotels 834 planes 57 teams 3 punch ups 1 proud career 5pm 18th Feb 2013 Im pulling stumps.(This was X’s tweet to announce his retirement).
12.• The Right Livelihood Award, also referred to as the "Alternative Nobel Prize", is a prestigious international award to honour those "working on practical and exemplary solutions to the most urgent challenges facing the world today".• In 2006, Daniel Ellsberg, the former U.S. Defence Department official who leaked secret Pentagon documents during the Vietnam war, shared the 2 million kronor Right Livelihood Award with anti- corruption campaigner Chico Whitaker Ferreira of Brazil and an Indian activist. Who was the Indian activist?
13.• Christmas is celebrated on 30th October every year by this group and the current year is 53 AD. What does AD stand for and which is this organization?
14. Who is this person and what is thesignificance of this picture ?
16. Of Iranians• Shah Tahmasp was an influential Shah of Iran, who enjoyed the longest reign of any memver of the Safavid Dynasty. His reign was marked by foreign threats from the Ottomans and Uzbeks, and he distinguished himself by his able statesmanship. However what is his claim to fame in Indian history?
17. Whodunit?• This is a silent, color motion picture sequence shot by private citizen Abraham X with a home-movie camera, capturing one of the most famous events of the 20th century. X film frame number 313 is probably the most famous, and the most studied frame in the film. This frame, and the frames before and after this, were studied by scientists, including Richard Feynman, who concluded that Ys head moved forward at first. After frame 314, it is clear that Y falls back, resulting in much speculation, including that the X Film is a hoax. The X film was purchased by the government in 1999 for $ 16 million. Give X and the event that the film captured.
18. ID X and the book• This is a 1968 science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. The novel is set in a post-apolyptic Earth, suffering from radiation fallout from World War Terminus. The main plot features a bounty hunter with the task of tracking down renegade Xs who have assumed human identity. As the radiation poisoning has wiped out the majority of animals, owning an animal is now considered a status symbol, and people, including the protagonist, unable to afford real animals keep up pretenses by owning electric animals. The novel explores what it is to be a human, as the bounty hunter protagonist explores the existence of defining qualities that separate humans from Xs. The word X, part of the title of the novel, translates into Greek as "having the likeness of a man", and was shortened and used extensively by George Lucas in Star Wars. The novel was adapted to the 1982 film Blade Runner, directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer and Scott Young.
19. ID X• X asked Vaclav Havel, the first president of Czech Republic, why the Prague castle wasn’t lit up at night, To this Havel replied his country doesn’t have enough money for it. To which, X offered to pay for the lighting system. They got their own lighting guys to set up the system and paid for the entire installation. Id X
20. Connect• Connect these 4 Sachin hundreds.• Vs WI, Vadodara, 31-01-2007• Vs England, Chester-le-street, 04-07-2002• Vs Kenya, Bristol, 23-05-1999• Vs Sri Lanka, Bristol, 11-07-2002