Acushla english presentation, in portfolio of Mediterranean Treasures.
Acushla is a word of Irish origin that means “beat of my heart”. Acushla’s terminology translates the concept
from which it sprung, the strength of an emotion that would allow several generations from the same family
to bond around a project connected to nature. An emotion that makes Acushla a project with passion.
Quinta do Prado
Quinta do Prado, located in Vila Flor, is an estate with approximately 740 acres, which congregates a high
potential for olive oil production. With 34 acres of a centenarian olive grove and 543 acres of new olive trees,
the farm has approximately 70 000 olive trees. When maturity is reached, Quinta do Prado will be the largest
organic production area in the region of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro.
From the Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) of Trás-os-Montes, Acushla is
an Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Extracted from a variety of typical olive trees
from the region, cobrançosa, madural, verdeal and cordovil, Acushla is a
balanced olive oil, medium fruity with a slightly bitter and spicy taste, and a
greenish yellow colour. With an acidity of 0,1% the Acushla olive oil excels in
exceptional quality and design. More than an olive oil, Acushla intends to be an
inspiration to the demanding, knowledgeable consumer, who searches for the
best quality and the purity of unique ﬂavours.
Produced in Quinta do Prado, the Acushla honey is a natural product, extracted
from wildﬂowers, predominantly from rosemary. Of yellow, transparent and
bright colour, the Acushla honey has a smooth aroma and ﬂavour.
500 ml Black Bottle. The new
resistant, light and recyclable bottle
has a dual-purpose olive oil spout.
5 litres Bag in Box. This package
perfectly preserves all the qualities
of Acushla in its ﬂexible pouch.
500 ml embossed tinplate Can.
250 ml Stainless Steel Bottle. A
practical package that can be
reﬁlled by the bag in box.
The project Acushla was born to inspire by quality and unique, distinct design. The design combines functional
characteristics intended for the packaging. All packages are designed in materials that guarantee the
maximum quality of the product.
Since Acushla is also a present with passion, special oﬀer packages that allow the combination of several
Acushla products were developed.
● Prestigio Oro - OLIVINUS 2013 (ARGENTINA)
● Gran Prestige Gold TerraOlivo 2013 (ISRAEL)
● Gold - Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
Contemporary Packaging Design Category 2013 (USA)
● Bronze - Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
Producers Category 2013 (USA)
● Gold - Biol 2013 18th International Prize (ITALY)
● Gold - Extra Virgin Olive Oil International Competition 2012 (ISRAEL)
● Gran Prestigio Oro - OLIVINUS 2011 (ARGENTINA)
● Extra Virgin Olive Oil World Championship 2011 - 2nd place (USA)
● Gold - Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Olive Oil and Packaging National
Competition 2011, Santarém (PORTUGAL)
● Armonia International Competition 2011 in the category "Design of container,
the graphic image of the labels and packaging" - 3rd place (ITALY)
● Gold – Castelo Branco '09 Olive Oil Biennial (PORTUGAL)
● Silver – Santarém Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (PORTUGAL)
● Silver - Wine and Olive Oil Line Product Design Awards (PORTUGAL)