Making a poster out of a photograph or image
Step1: Choose your photograph or image that you want to enlarge.
• You may want to scan an image from a magazine or book. Follow the scanning instructions
Step 2: Check the size.
• Right click on the picture.
• Select Properties.
• This will enable you to check the size of the image. If it is any more than 1MB then it will
have to be resized.
Step 3: Resizing your picture
• From the Star/Programs menu, select and open Paint
• Click File/Open and choose the picture you want from your picture files
• Click Save as and rename the file to something you will remember and click Save
• A pop‐up screen appears. Then, using either the sliding scale or arrows, resize the image so
that is just below 1MB (high 900s KB works well)
• Click OK
• Close Paint
The size of the image
Arrow, for fine tuning
Step 3: Block Posters
• Go to ‐ http://www.blockposters.com/default.aspx
• On the website, click step 1 to upload your image
• Click Browse to locate your resized image
• Insert the image and click continue. Wait while it uploads.
• Choose the dimensions of the poster you want to create. Be aware that the bigger
you make it the more pixelated the final product will be.
• Click continue
• Then click on the link to download the PDF file of your poster.
• Once downloaded, retrieve your file and save it.
Step 4: Printing
• Send the file to the printer
Step 4: Assembling
• Stick the image together, removing while border where appropriate.
• Secure with glue (don’t use too much) and sticky tape
• Laminate if required.
• Stand back and marvel at your excellent handiwork ☺