State of the Sharing Economy Report
- 286 views
Food Sharing in the UK ...
Food Sharing in the UK
The Sharing Economy has gained an encouraging 5% more sharers over the past year. Did you know that people would prefer to share a meal with a friend than a celebrity when it comes to using up food rather than wasting it? Neither did we!
Our mission is to make more people aware of the benefits of the Sharing Economy and to make sharing mainstream. That’s why we’re establishing a report series on the State of the Sharing Economy. Read our 1st report which uncovers growth and key trends in this sector and shows that sharing is here to stay.
With the Global Sharing Day 2013 (2nd June) spotlight on food sharing we chose to focus our research on this issue to make people aware of how every year tonnes of edible food which could be shared, go to landfill, yet there are millions globally living in food poverty. Here’s just a snapshot of the findings:
• UK consumers currently benefit from £4.6 billion of savings and earnings from the Sharing Economy.
• UK sharers who have done at least one sharing activity and given us an estimate of their earnings saved or made an average of £416.16 last year.
• 33 million Brits are already sharing, and a further 14 million would consider it.
• 19% of people who share do it to help people in their neighbourhood.
• Miranda Hart topped a consumer league table beating Barack Obama, the Queen and David Beckham as the favourite celebrity to share a meal with.
Read the full report to find out more about this growing market plus what the top 3 sharing activities are, what motivations lie behind sharing and which sharing activities are set to see big growth.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views