1. the Finals within the Finals Beware! Answers at the end
2. the Rules Top 2 or 3 teams qualify Written round +10/0 by default +20/-5 if confident enough to take the risk 2 questions each per topic
3. QF1 He was an employee of the Tromar Corporation According to others near him, he also sang the Zandu Balm and Nirma jingles He later claimed: “Sachin and Azhar offered to touch my feet” Who was he?
4. QF2 Connect Uttar Pradesh Mumbai Sui Northern Gas Pipelines
5. QF3 A famous Cartoon by Abu Abraham. Identify the subject and why he is being lampooned.
6. QF4 Video Clip description Film: Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s “Chupke Chupke” Asrani is on the phone with Dharmendra, who has just informed him of his engagement. During the conversation, the line gets disconnected. Annoyed, Asrani says: “yeh telephone-waale bhi I tell you. Inhe sudhaarne ka ek hii tariikaa hai - ____” Connect to this person
7. This film was initially titled "Shirin“, after Shirin Mohammed Ali Her 'husband’ issued a newspaper ad claiming he was indeed married to her Some films dedicated to Shirin Mohammed Ali: “ Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan” “ Ghulam” “ Dushman” Question: What was the film “Shirin” later retitled as? QF5
8. ? QF6
9. Answers F1: Shiv Kumar Thind, who was famously assaulted by Inzamam at Toronto in 1997 F2: Mohammad Nissar (the bowler on top; the Indian and Pakistani first-class champions play for a trophy bearing his name – these are the three winners so far) F3: President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed for meekly signing into effect several ordinances during the Emergency F4: The infamous act “MISA” (the film was made during the Emergency, thus the Asrani reference; Laloo’s first daughter is named after the act) F5: the autobiographical “Zakhm” by Mahesh Bhatt; Shirin Ali is his mother F6: “The Rahejas” the (in)famous Bombay builders; these are the name analogues for the characters in “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro” (Vidhu Vinod Chopra & Sudhir Mishra; Shobha De)