How much does it cost to get iso 9001 certification?
How much does it cost to get
ISO 9001 Certification?
by: Wouter Rodrigues
What are your options?
Firstly you need to get an ISO 9001 system developed and implemented. This
can be done by:
1. Sending internal staff for training which could cost you between
R 15 000 – R 40 000, depending on the courses attended.
• They need to gain experience after the training is completed.
• This could be a timely process.
• Trained staff could leave your organisation or would be a constant
cost every month.
Cost of certification varies from the Consultant, Employee and
Certification Body used.
2. Contracting the services of a professional consultant to provide this
service, which could cost you between R 30 000 – R70 000.
• The company would have the knowledge and experience to start
getting you certification ready right away.
• Mostly the consultant works with and trains a person already
employed by the company or someone from management, so no extra
salary costs are applicable.
• Consultancy cost ends when certification is achieved.
Factors used to determine consulting cost would be Company size,
amount of staff, complexity, distance travelled, hourly rate etc. Most
consultants charge a monthly rate, the amount named above is thus
divided into a per month cost.
Depending on the combination used as explained above, total
development, implementation and certification cost would
amount to between R 70 000 – R 150 000.
Visit us at www.qualicertus.co.za