Glossary use in Printer
• The automatic function of double side printing
facility in Laser printer is known as Duplex, in
the Duplex both side of printing can be done
• CMYK stands for Cyan magenta yellow Black,
these four combinations of colour mix
together and creates a lot of colours.
• During the printing process the printers
consumed by that much item of cartridges is
refer to the term consumables, Consumables
have to be replaced periodically by the user
when they are depleted.
• The cable which is used to create Local area
network (LAN) is called as Ethernet. For
printing this type of cable is used to create
• Fuser Unit is a component which found in all
laser printers like HP LaserJet canon LaserJet
and so on literally fuses the melted toner onto
• This is acrimony Of Hard Disk Drive; it is used
for physical data storage
• Laser printers are based on the principle of
static electricity or static charge.
How Laser Printer works?
• It is quite complex to bring the working method of
laser printer in detail but a basic idea behind it, is
• A laser printer consists of drum (a photoreceptor
assembly), corona wire, discharge lamp, toner hooper,
fuser etc. at first drum is loaded with positive charge
by means of corona discharge and as drum revolves a
laser beam is brought on the surface of drum which
creates negatively charged invisible electrostatic image
of letters or pictures to be printed.
• System will not be affected if charge is reversed i.e.
drum is initially loaded with negative charge
• After this printer spreads positively charged toner over the
drum which adhere to the negatively charged portions of
the drum, after this pattern is fixed a negatively charged
paper (it is also charged by corona discharge) rolls over the
drum which attract the positively charged toner which ditto
the image on the paper. To avoid the sticking of paper with
drum it is discharged by detac corona wire. At last paper
passes through the heated fuser which melts the toner and
fused it with the paper by means of pressure. Speed of
paper through fuser is maintained such that it can pass up
without catching fire. Mean while a bright light emitting
from discharge lamp clean the electrical image formed on
the drum and drum get ready to print next page.
• Mono printers are small printers which only
print black and white.
• When multiple users use the same printer for
the printing then this printer has been
connected by the network and this network is
called Network printing
• PostScript is a printer format language which
is used by various printing device e.g. Apple
Solid Ink Printer
• Solid ink is also type of printer technology
which is only used by the Xerox Company.
Solid ink printers operate using Xerox’s
patented solid ink cartridges.
• Toner is only used in laser printer and
photocopiers. Toner is a powder which is used
to print text as well as images. The powders
are melted by the Fuser then bind onto the
paper. The standard Colour in which toner is
available: obviously Cyan Magenta Yellow and
• The amount of pages that an ink or toner
cartridge will be able to print is known as
Yield. E.g. toner cartridge will be able to print
2500 pages at 5% coverage.
Use this Coupon TO Get offer at