2. Sound of laughter from others makes him feel worse. And the loose metal sound represents how the character is broken. Immediately understand he is different and an outsider to the others.Smashed carrepresents Sean’sthoughts andfeelings – anger andupset.
3. Continuous background of laughter emphasises the humiliation. Track in shows fierce expression with piercing eyes.Blurredbackground putsall the focus on theantagonist.
4. Behind the character there are scratches on the car representing how the protagonist has been hurt.Only characternot contributing tothe laughter; henods his head indisappointment. His eyes follow him with an angry Left to face the facial expression. situation on his own.
5. Presents how he has ownership over her which portrays women to be seen as objects and the weaker gender.Throws his armaround female.
6. Onlooker waving away the smoke coming from the car could represent how the people are waving Sean away which shows he is unwanted and lonely. Leaning over and looking down makes the protagonist appear weak and vulnerable whilst making the antagonist strong and in control.Dialogue “Don’tleave town is saidas a commandand not an Completelyoption. dressed in black – connotes negativity and an evil side.
7. Track out reveals people walking in front of car whilst he just sits there.Gives the senseof empathytowards thecharacter. Peers round nervously – doesn’t just walk in which shows Closed door : Opening of the how he is earthy brown door by Sean expecting colour connotes shows how he something/ warm and neutral wants to be seen. someone. .
8. Seeks comfort in Closed door : alcohol. earthy brown colour connotesPile of books warm and neutralpositioned .behind emptybeer bottlesshowsintelligence Empty chairbut it is being representingovershadowed he has noby the support, onaddiction or his own andhow he has lonely.giving up andchosen to hideit!. Hoody shows he is not bothered about his appearance and the grey Used bowl Another pile of colour evokes strong emotion, represents books yet again depressed, dull and moody. carelessness.. hidden by a beer bottle.
9. Shuts the doorto show howhe no longerwants to beseen. Clear shot of a painting involving tiger- animal known to be strong and fierce; may represent dads hidden personality as the tiger has his back towards the audience.
10. This shot shows the dad with half of his face in light and the other half in darkness; this represents how the positive side of him isShuts the door getting over shadowed by his negativeto show how aspects, although it could also show he hashe no longer an evil side which is trying to get through butwants to be is being denied by the by the light – positive.seen. Over the Close up intensifies the shoulder shot. tension between Low toned dialogue characters – I feel the makes the audience dad could also be seen feel the atmosphere. as antagonist towards his son.
11. May representQuite cluttered a familymay suggest photo?things are But the fact itgetting to has amuch for the reflectioncharacter. hiding it shows how the character may not want the audience to know he really cares. Neat pile of paper work expresses organisation. By Louise