2. Purpose• To educate students about the land they live on and the quality of food they put in their bodies.• To link experiential learning with middle school curriculum for a truly real-world education.
5. A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT
7. PHOTOSYNTHESIS & SEED GERMINATION
8. HARVESTING & EATING LOCALLY GROWN FOODS
9. CARBONDALE HISTORY:RED MCCLURE POTATOES
10. Future Plans• After-school program in which students grow food year-round in the garden and new greenhouse.• Incorporate our produce into the school lunch program.• Share our harvest with the community.
11. Thank you to our donors!• Slow Food Roaring Fork• DonorsChoose.org• Colorado Mountain College• Planted Earth