12 questions, once clockwise and once anti clockwise
Passes once by the buzzer
+20 for correct
+10 for correct on pass
-5 for incorrect on buzzer
1. Hawk-Eye was first used by Channel 4 during a Test match between England and Pakistan on Lord's Cricket Ground, on 21 May 2001. On 7th March 2011, which technological giant bought Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd outright?
Answer Sony Corporation
2. X is a well known Welsh cricketer who was a key member of Glamorgan for many years. His left arm seam bowling played a key role in their progress. He has even dismissed Sunil Gavaskar during his county stints. He then joined Gloucestershire, returned to Glamorgan and retired in 1983. Subsequently, he migrated to South Africa. Today, we know him for reasons relating to tennis. Who?
Answer Alan Wilkins
3. Umpire’s signal for what?
Answer Short Run
4. In the early nineties in a Benson & Hedges world series, England and Zimbabwe crashed out in the leagues and Australia finally won the cup defeating a certain team. Name the runners up team
Answer Australia A Team
5. ID all the 4 cricketers
Answer Ricky Ponting, Kevin Pietersen, MS Dhoniand ZulqarnainHaider.
6. ID this controversial columnist and cricketer.
Answer Peter Roebuck
7. They broke Tendulkar and Kambli’s 664 run partnership record in 2006. Which tournament did Sachin and Kambli score the partnership in?
Answer Lord Harris Shield Inter School Cricket Tournament
8. If the bowler is Dennis Lillee, who is the batsman?
Answer At Perth in 1981, Miandad was obstructed by the Aussie bowler while trying to take a quick single. He shoved Lillee who responded by kicking him. The umpire had to stand between the two as Miandad advanced towards Lillee with his bat raised over his head while the Aussie faced him adopting a boxer's stance.
10. X bowls the last delivery. Y takes an almighty swing at the ball and hits it high towards long on. Bill Lawry screams “It’s a SIX!!!”. Lawry realized that it’s not going for a six but infact going into the hands of Z. Incredibly Zdrops the catch. Z recovers quickly and throws the ball to the wicket keeper’s end. W sets off for the 3rd run which would make the match a tie. Lawry momentarily forgets that he is an Australian and yells “RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!!” The throw is wide but the keeper recovers quickly enough to run W out. Which historic World Cup match did this happen in?
Answer India v/s Australia 1992 World Cup
11. DivyaDutta, Sanjay Dutt, Prachi Desai, RajpalYadavamong others own teams in this league. RiteishDeshmukh is its brand ambassador. Which league?