1. Full Name: Nanik X Bharadwaj Born: Kapurthala, Punjab Major teams: India, Gujarat, Hindus, Maharajah of Patiala's XI, Railways, Uttar Pradesh Batting style: Right-hand bat Bowling style: Right-arm medium ID this famous Indian captain.
Answer Lala Amarnath
* 2. Connect to an organization.
Answer All are UNICEF Ambassadors
3. "Yet how paradoxical it is, and how delightful, that Bangalore, a city that has leapt to global prominence on the back of work outsourced by America, is now itself outsourcing from America — outsourcing glamour, no less. " - This is an excerpt from a New York Times Op/Ed column. What exactly is being discussed ?
Answer RCB Cheerleaders
4. It was the first tournament where the West Indies were unable to reach the final. The games were reduced from 60 to 50 overs per innings, the current standard, because of the shorter daylight hours on the subcontinent when compared to England. Which tournament are we talking about?
Answer 1987 World Cup
5. ID the advertiser
6. “I saw only two murders in the theatre, but ended up watching many more during the Ireland-England game” ID the speaker and the context.
Answer Munaf Patel, on Ireland beating England
What has been blanked out? 7.
8. The IPL Kochi franchisee didn’t want to use Kochi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium as their home stadium. Which city were they going to use for IPL 4?
* 9. What is so special about this cricket ground in Netherlands?
Answer In the 1999 World Cup, a match held at this stadium became the only World Cup match hosted on the European mainland.
10. In 1990, which English County changed its rules to take Sachin Tendulkar as their first overseas player?
* 11. It was first regularly played in the 1970s by the Pakistani batsman Mushtaq Mohammad, though Mushtaq's brother Hanif Mohammad is sometimes credited as the inventor. Cricket coach Bob Woolmer has been credited with popularizing the stroke. Andy Flower of Zimbabwe was a prolific and proficient executor of this stroke. Damien Martyn of Australia has been said to have "the most brutal X in the game". However nowadays the finest stroke maker of X is England's batsman Eoin Morgan. Which stroke are we talking about?
Answer Reverse Sweep
12. ID the vocalist & bassist of this band.
* 13. Victor Richardson vice-captained his team in the bodyline series. 3 of his grandsons went on to play cricket with 2 of them captaining their country. Who are the three guys we are talking about?
Answer Trevor Chapell Ian Chapell Greg Chapell
14. The history of cricket between 1884 and 1889 was one of English dominance over the Australians. England won every tournament that was played. However, this period gave us the first use of the word X which the Press used in 1885. It has remained in common usage ever since. ID X.
Answer Test Cricket / Test Matches
15. In 1899, the Australian AE Trott became the first and yet the only person to have cleared the Lord’s Pavilion. X has been offered £1 million by Mongoose for using the Mongoose bat to repeat Trott’s feat. ID X.
Answer Marcus Trescothick
16. What was so special about this bat?
Answer The ComBat, made of Aluminium was used by Dennis Lillee. Here, he is aiming it at the then captain, Allan Border
17. X ,all of 10 years, is an enthusiastic and determined youngster who thinks that cricket is the best game in the world. He loves playing Street Cricket and would do so 24X7 if he could. He idolizes his cricket heroes, their skills and character and dreams of playing in the ICC Cricket World Cup one day. Who is X?
* Connect 18.
Answer Mayanti Langer
19. X was invented by Sonny Ramadhin, however this is disputed. Tony Greiggave X its name, with a little help from Moin Khan. In July 2009 in Australia, a summit held at Cricket Australia's Centre for Excellence decided not to teach X to young cricketers. What is X?
20. X tweeted this in response to a tweet by Y for a tournament Z. ID X,Y and Z.
Answer X – Elizabeth Hurley Y – Shane Warne Z – The Ashes
21. The X brand was pioneered by Alec Cohen and Frank Sinclair in around mid-1941 in Australia. Together they began the X Manufacturing Company, so named because of its first site, in Little X Street, NSW. X won its first major contract in WW2, making GI kits for the US Government. Post war, X began to concentrate on plastic raincoats, rain trousers, sou’westers and other types of rainhats. X is the most popular producer of cricket helmets. ID X.
22. * X retired from international cricket at the end of the World Cup. He was asked to return to the captaincy by the President and on 18 January, he announced his decision to rejoin the team. Soon after returning to the captaincy, X led his team to another winning tour, before lifting the next World Cup for his country. ID X.
Answer Imran Khan
23. ID the Cricket Ground.
Answer Chail Cricket Ground, Himachal Pradesh The highest cricket ground in the world
This is the career stats of a player, before and after his selection for the 1983 World Cup Squad. Which player are we talking about? 24.