Creating a Milestone
• Milestone plays a major role in a project.
• Project could be split into small pieces with its own start date and end date.
• Each Milestones will have its own tasks.
• Project Manager running a project will finish tasks under a Milestone to complete a
1. Milestone will show the list of Milestones as per their schedule.
2. Each Milestone will also list the Tasks under each Milestone with a
hyperlink for us to see the tasks related to a Milestone
3. New Milestone could be created By clicking on “New Milestone”
1. Each Milestone will be having its
own Name as per the work involved
in that particular Milestone. Eg:
2. Every Milestone will have its own
Start and end date. Make sure two
Milestone has same dates so it
3. Assigning Person or a team to a
Milestone will help to set a team
involved in each Milestone.
4. Status for each Milestone as per the
stage at which the Milestone is.
5. Description will define or highlight
the work involved in each Milestone.
6. Tasks can added to each Milestone.
Fields in a Milestone
Adding User to Milestone
• Adding User to a Milestone will notify
all the employees who has been
selected to be involved in a Milestone.
• You can also add new employees who
are not listed in a firm could be done by
clicking on “Add new Employee”. Any
employees who will be added her will
get added as a employee of the firm.
• A Milestone could be marked with a
status on which stage the Milestone it is
• 5 Different status could be used to mark
a Milestone as show in the picture.
• Depending on the status used here the
Milestone will get listed in the overview
of a Milestone.
Status of a Milestone
Adding a Task or Tasks to a Milestone
• On clicking “Add tasks”, list of Tasks in
a project will be listed out in a new
popup screen. You could pick one of the
tasks in the list or you could create a
new task associated with a Milestone.
• We will be discussing about the Fields
involved in creating a task in our next
1. Give a name to this task created. Eg: Preparing documents related to
2. Suggest the date and time .Give starting date and time and Ending
date and time.
3. Assign the person responsible for the tasks. You have the option to
change this person who will be assigned with the task.
4. A Task could be associated with any project which could be selected
from the drop down menu.
5. Once you are done with filling the fields click on “Create” to create
this Task which will get added to the task list.
Fields in Task
1. Mark any one status from that
2. Select the task you want to add
to the Milestone.
3. Click Add
1. All Milestones created will get listed in the overview window of a
milestone for your quick reference.
2. It will also display the person whom it is assigned to and the start
and end date of the Milestone.
3. You could complete a Milestone by just checking the box next to
the Milestone name.
4. You could also delete a Milestone by clicking on the cross.
Overview of a Milestone
The above information is brought to you by Apptivo, Inc.
983 Corporate way
The Apptivo Blog
Learn More About:
Apptivo Projects Apps
All Apptivo Apps
Project Management Blogs
You could also see Videos related to Project and other Apps in our YouTube Channel.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.