0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50%
Think Differently About Marketing
• Who do you want them to think you are?
• Get to know your customers and their pain points
• Realize that “no decision” is your biggest competitor
• Play where your customers play
• Apply lead generation analysis and recognize that sales and
marketing are two different things
Changes toward Simplicity…
• Product focus→Platform focus
• Technology focus→Application focus
• Structured and limited→ad hoc and ubiquitous
• Centralized content creation→Decentralized
• High cost per seat→Low cost per seat
• Complex solutions →Portable solutions
• Transactions →Collaboration
What users Want
“They [mainstream users] want technology to enhance, not
overthrow, their existing ways of doing business. And above
all, they do not want to debug somebody else’s product. By
the time they adopt it, they want it to work properly and to
integrate appropriately with their existing technology base.”
Geoffrey Moore, Crossing the Chasm
We engage with this community every
trying to build a
community of – webinars
ECM – 6 industry research studies
practitioners, w – Monthly enewsletter
– instructional wall posters
e ARE the
– Custom research/whitepapers
community of – 1 magazine with 6 issues per
ECM year including the digital edition
practitioners – searchable online Buyers Guide
is FREE to members
– Leads, leads, leads?
– Market Positioning?
How best to achieve this:
What is your
main objective? – Tell your story?
– Focus on unique applications?
– A neutral thought leader opinion?
From a recent AIIM UK webinar:
“How DITA and SharePoint Maximize Content Re-use”
Totals and • Leads with full contact details = 210.
• Questions submitted during live event = 42
• Cost per lead = £19 (most vendors accept £35 as great)
From a recent Infonomics enewsletter
to AIIM UK/Europe Members
The feature invited readers to download an ebook
Totals and • Leads with full contact details = 97.
• Cost per lead = £10
Our goal is to take our B2B capability and move
“up” the lead generation value chain.
Org vertical Can cross tab and then drill
down to the exact
individuals meeting desired
Ind purchasing role characteristics.
You can zero in and focus efforts on
exactly the right prospects…by context,
region, and other attributes
A Company that Gets it
An integrated “Green ECM” Campaign
1. AIIM Webinar with hospital customer as lead speaker
2. Caught the attention of our Infonomics editor for our inaugural issue
and Green theme
3. Premium sponsor of www.aiim.org/green-ecm
4. Custom content on green use within the ECM World
5. Another AIIM webinar on the new whitepaper
6. Brian Dirking blog on launch of website, date of webinar, and other
Unique leads from this campaign to date = 2,000