We support academics, students and other professionals (or researchers) in their work with scientific literature. We provide scientific knowledge. We organize scientific knowledge. We help to explore and share scientific knowledge.
1. www.mendeley.comP.H. Bamaiyi[www.phbamaiyi.com] [Destinyoperations] [Workshop at FPV, Universiti Putra Malaysia] [Date: Wednesday 9th May, 2012 at 11:00am to 1:00pm]
2. Agenda What is Mendeley? Your profile Creating your library Managing your documents & references Inserting citations & generating bibliographies Sharing references using groups
3. What is Mendeley?
4. Comparison of Mendeley and others
5. Comparison of Mendeley and others
6. Based in London, Mendeley are 30+ researchers, graduates andsoftware developers from... Supported by: ...backed by co-founders and former executives of:
7. What is Mendeley? Mendeley is free academic software (Win, Mac & Linux) to manage, share, read, annotate and cite your research papers......and a research network to manageyour papers online, discover researchtrends and statistics, and to connect tolike-minded researchers.
8. Your profile
9. My Profile
10. 1 - Click to view your profile2 – View Profile: Research field, Publications,Awards and Grants, Biographical Information, CV, Contact Information
11. 2 – You can search…1 – Some statistics about your publication
12. Creating your library
13. What is Mendeley? Set up and manage your reference groupsLibrary showing all your documents (citation or table view) Add tags & notes and edit document detailsFilter your papers by authors, keywords, tags, or publications
14. Adding your papersYou have different options to set up your library:• Add single files or an entire folder• “Watch a folder” to automatically import PDF files• Drag and drop PDFs into Mendeley Desktop… and Mendeley will try to extract the document details automaticallyYou can also:• Add existing EndNote/BibTeX/RIS databases• Sync with other reference management webapps• Use Mendeley Web Importer to add from online databases• Add from the Mendeley Research Catalog
15. Document details lookupEnter the DOI, PubMed, or ArXiv ID andclick on the magnifier glass to start lookupMissing info is added automatically
16. Web Importerwww.mendeley.com/import To install the Web Importer, drag & drop the bookmarklet to your Favorites/Bookmarks in your internet browser Supported sites The Web Importer helps you grab citations off the web
17. Using the Web ImporterOn the web page with …then click on “Import” to importthe reference(s) you the reference/paper to yourwant to capture: click on Mendeley library. Ifthe bookmarklet… possible/available, also the associated PDF will be imported.
18. Synchronize and manage your library online You can also add references and edit & manage your library online
19. Managing your documents & references
20. Manage your libraryOpen attached PDF files in integrated viewerDocuments can be marked read/unread Star your favorite papers Filter by authors, tags, publications or keywords
21. Search as you type
22. Full text search in Mendeley’s PDF viewer
23. Annotate and highlight
24. Mendeley‘s File Organizer You can find the File Organizer in Tools > Options > File Organizer
25. Citing and sharing references
26. Citing in Word & Open OfficeClick on “Insert Citation” in Word Highlight the paper(s) you want to cite
27. Citing in Word & Open Office Citation will show up based on selected style Generate a bibliography in one click! Cite into Google documents or other editors by copy & paste
28. Share references with Mendeley Groups Groups can be private or public (invite only or open) View the group online –Public groups only have the reference details – no other users can request tofull text. Private groups contain the full text join or simply follow theincluding notes & annotations. activity of the group
29. Create Groups in Mendeley Desktop Private groups contain the full text. Public groups share references only.
30. Create Groups in Mendeley Desktop You can also create groups online.
31. Create your professional research profile
32. Search the Mendeley Research Catalog
33. Get readership information on papers
34. Leave feedback and see what’s coming next Visit http://feedback.mendeley.com to see what others are saying, leave feedback, request features or report bugs.
35. Help Spread the Word About Mendeley Our global network of advisors help test new features and introduce Mendeley to friends and colleagues.Apply to be an Advisor at www.mendeley.com/advisors/