On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
UNDERSTANDING THE KINGDOM
OF GOD THROUGH PARABLES
Recap: A single day in
the life of Jesus
•He scolds the religious leaders.
•Stands up for his disciples.
•Heals a man with a withered
hand on a Sabbath.
•Expounded the Old Testament to
•Warns them about speaking
against the Holy Spirit.
•He tells his Mother about his
… and it’s not over!
Yeh “parable” kya
•A parable is not a fable.
•A story with real people.
•It has a moral.
•It’s an earthly story – with a
•It has just one meaning/moral.
•It is a revelatory message.
Dissection of the
•Sower = Son of man (Jesus)
•Field = World
•Good Seed = Sons of the
•Weeds = Sons of the evil one.
•Enemy = The Devil
•Harvesters = Angels
•Harvest = The end of the Age.
What is the Kingdom of God?
It is the Government of God in Heaven and on Earth
Clarifications of the Kingdom
The Church and the Kingdom don’t mean the same thing…
The church is only an embassy of the Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is the actual Kingdom
It is a model of a sample it is the original
it is temporal It is the eternal reign of God
it is a part it is the whole
it may have problems and can be shaken It is unshakeable and complete
• The Kingdom of God is not invisible or just heavenly.
• The Kingdom is not only for the future.
• The Kingdom of God is not the rule of Christ in only my heart.
• The Kingdom of God is not in the church, but the other way
around, the church is in the kingdom. It is only a part of the
• Have you found the Kingdom of God?
• Is He the King of my life?
• Are there any areas in my life out from his
• What price have I paid to be part of the
Kingdom of God?