2. What The…• Applet, Widget, Gadget, …• Part of a page.• You mean “part”? – Independent life cycle. – How to divide? • For those view-only… • For whoever communicate… – And more…
3. Pagelet in BigPipe• The same as previous stuff…• Work elements: – Basic DOM frame and seed.js only for first request. – And pagelets’ initial meta in JSON. (html, css, js, onloadRegister) – Initialize.• Work modes: – Static. – Pipe. – Parallel.
4. So… Why pagelet• Serial response and rendering to parallel.• Reuse.
5. Basic Practice• Static… just for reuse.• DPL is just unnecessary.
6. Reorganize our code• include• combo• local concat
7. Communication• No need for those view-only ones! – Oh, maybe there’s a little bit yet… • CSS dependency. • ONE simple base, many specific pagelets.• What if I have complicated JS rels? – Simplify the dependency structure. – Interface oriented, that is, one port in, and one port out.
8. More…• Nesting?• Fly-weight guys… say… a button!?• A “control” wrap?... like… WebX!?• Apply pagelet on an advanced level.