DYNAMICS OF CHANGE
NOTHING IS PERMANENT IN THIS WORLD BUT
CHANGE IS VERY ESSENTIAL PART OF
LIFE FOR ALL !!!!!
to survive organizations must train their managers &
work force to cope with new demands,new problems and
change can be either a) planned or b)routine.
planned change reflects
• change in goals & operating philosophy to improve the
ability of the organization to adapt to the changes in the
•Involves new policy implementation to change
Organisation also change!!!!
Factors leading to change.
Nature of work
SOME Of The Examples
Of The Companies
Sources to resistance to change.
Fear of the
Tactics to overcome resistance to change
education and communication of logic.
participation & involvement of all in the implementation
Facilitation & support.
Negotiation & agreement
Manipulation & co-optation : when other methods fail.
Explicit & implicit coercion-termination,loss of pay,
Loss of pay raise.
LEWIN’S 3 STEP CHANGE PROCESS
UNFREEZE MOVE REFREEZE.
Make the reasons for change
Obvious to the individual/orgz.
BECOMES THE NORM.
New behavioral pattern is
Now the new norm.
SEVEN DYNAMICS OF CHANGE
• People will feel awkward, ill-at-ease and self-
•People initially focus on what they have to give
• People will feel alone even if everyone else is
going through the same change .
•People can handle only so much change.
• People are at different levels of readiness for
• People will be concerned that they don't have
• If you take the pressure off, people will revert to
their old behaviour.