Context of Use
Context is about the environment and conditions of
usage, including distractions, multitasking, motion, lighting
conditions and poor connectivity
• To focus on only the most important data and
actions in your web application. You have to
• Consider capabilities offered to developers on
Apple’s iPhone or Google’s Android platforms:
– precise location information from GPS;
– user orientation from a digital compass;
– multi-touch input from one or more
– device positioning from an accelerometer; and
• Don’t make users double tap or
pinch your content.
Instead, increase the font size to
at least 16px.
• You can also use a line height of
1.5 to allow for breathing room
between text on content-rich
• Our fingers are much clumsier than a cursor, so bumping
up the spacing between different touch targets will
improve user accuracy. And, make those touch targets
• Our fingertips typically require upwards of 44px to
comfortably fit within a touch target so design for that.