7. Environmental education in primary schools in Kien Giang
14.08.2013 Seite 1
Environmental Education in Primary Schools
in Kien Giang Province
Nguyễn Thị Việt Phương
GIZ Kiên Giang Project
14.08.2013 Seite 2Page 2
ABOUT GIZ KIEN GIANG PROJECT
- Sponsor: Australian AID
- Time: 2011 – 2014
- Executing agency: Kien Giang PPC
- TARGET: Using sustainable natural resource through effective
management of reserve areas and coastal mangrove.
14.08.2013 Seite 3Page 3
Policies on environmental education in VN:
-Environmental education forms part of the national curriculum for
primary schools in Vietnam and children are taught about the
environment from core textbooks used in subjects such as Socio-natural
- In Decision No. 20/2006/QD-TTg
on “Development of education,
training and vocational education in
Mekong Delta to 2010”, MoET
acknowledged that education
resources specifically related to the
Mekong Delta region were needed.
14.08.2013 Seite 4Page 4
MoET recognises that students should also learn about their local
environment. The environmental education resources developed by
KGBR Project have sought to fill this gap.
14.08.2013 Seite 5
Process of developing the resource book:
1. Survey“ Developing the resource material for primary on climate
change and environment”.
2. Training “ Introducing environmental education for primary
14.08.2013 Seite 6Page 6
3. Workshop on the feedback of the draft resource material.
14.08.2013 Seite 7Page 7
4. ToT for key teachers in Kien Giang
Official document from KG DoET for «Resource book» to be used in
primary school in KG.
14.08.2013 Seite 8Page 8
5. 2011-2012: Teacher training at schools.
14.08.2013 Seite 9Page 914.08.2013
6. Launching ceremony for the resource book and published the
materials to all the primary teachers in Kien Giang.