Let pi,j be the rate at which word i occurs in document j, and pj be the average across documents( sum Pij/ndocs)The size of each word is mapped to its maximum deviation ( maxi(pi,j- pj ) ), and its angular position is determined by the document where that maximum occurs.
1. Tools & techniquesfor working withdatasets Tony Hirst Dept of Communication and Systems The Open University
2. Quick wins andhalf-hour hacks
3. Building atoolbox…
4. http://mashe.hawksey.info/2012/11/mining-and-openrefineing-jiscmail-a-look-at-oer-discuss//via Martin Hawksey/@mhawksey
5. “You can quickly create an online 3-Dvisualisation (with Google Earth) ofthese rare documents”
7. All at once orone at a time?
9. @mediaczar (Accession Plot)
10. Google Maps, 1884 edition?
11. Overview first, zoom and filter, then details-on-demandFrom: The Eyes Have It:A Task by Data Type Taxonomy for Information Visualizations
12. • X and Y (at a push, Z)• Node size and colour• (Node label size and colour)• Edge thickness and colour• (Edge label and colour)• Node proximity/grouping• Clustering• Filtering and differential application of the above
13. Group by  Hierarchy inside(implied) containment