PROSPER HIGH SCHOOL
CONCEPTS TO KNOW AND
REMEMBER ON PHS DRESS CODE
RULE # 1
• There are NO quick Fixes (i.e. pulling skirt down,
pulling pants up, covering bra strap, etc.)!
• Students are expected to be in dress code from
the MOMENT they walk onto campus in the
morning until the 3:45 bell rings in the
• If seen on campus before or during school hours
out of dress code (even if the student is
technically OFF) they will be reported in
Types of Emblems, Writings, Pictures
on Clothes NOT ALLOWED
Types of Emblems, Writings, Pictures
on Clothes ALLOWED!
See Through shirts are only allowed
over clothing that completely covers
mid-drift, cleavage, & undergarments.
SEE THROUGH SKIRTS MAY ONLY BE
WORN OVER DRESS CODE LENGTH
SKIRTS, SHORTS, ETC.
• THESE EXAMPLES ABOVE ARE NOT ALLOWED
• Tights or Leggings may NOT be worn alone under a sheer skirt
• Skirts underneath a sheer skirt must be dress code length
THIS IS ACCEPTABLE AS LONG AS THE
SKIRT UNDERNEATH IS DRESS CODE
LENGTH (BELOW FINGER TIP LENGTH –
fingers fully extended - ALL THE WAY
HOLES IN JEANS/PANTS
• This is OK This isn’t
Holes must be below finger tip length when arms and
fingers are fully extended to the sides and then can only be
small holes or frays. Major rips that show the legs
underneath are not allowed nor are holes or frays of any
size ABOVE fingertip length.
WHAT IS A MUSCLE SHIRT?
They are NOT allowed!
• LADIES - TANK TOPS ARE CONSIDERED MUSCLE
SHIRTS BY THE ADMINISTRATION AND ARE,
THEREFORE, NOT ALLOWED!
• GUYS – SLEEVELESS SHIRTS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Spaghetti Straps are NOT allowed to
be worn without a covering!
• These are Spaghetti These aren’t
There are 3 typical
types of spaghetti;
regular, thin, and
fettuccini or linguini.
If the strap is wider
than the 3 types on
the left, it is
PROBABLY not a
OFF THE SHOULDER AND LOW NECK
BLOUSES ARE NOT ALLOWED
Another rule to remember – at NO TIME
should your bra strap(s), including a sports
bra, be seen.
Cleavage should not be
seen! If it dips to where
cleavage is seen, wear
something underneath to
cover the cleavage!
NO Halter Tops or Tube Tops
• Halter Tops are: Tube Tops are:
They have straps
around the neck and
much of the back and
(every button except top button)
• OK NOT OK
• Neat, clean, and well-groomed
• Not disruptive
• No unnatural colors
• All students must be clean shaven. Facial Hair
(moustaches or beards) are NOT allowed.
Sideburns may not extend
beyond the base of the ear.
Neither moustaches NOR full or
partial beards are allowed.
SHORTS, DRESSES, SKIRTS, ETC.
• Students may NOT wear the Nike-type athletic
• All Athletic shorts must be at or BELOW the knee
when worn at the waist.
• All other shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. MUST BE
BELOW FINGERTIP LENGTH when worn at the
NO SPANDEX OR TIGHTS UNLESS
WORN UNDER DRESS CODE
ONLY if the skirt is
below finger tip
length all the way
arms are to the
side and fingers
ALL SHIRTS MUST BE WORN WITH DRESS CODE
LENGTH SKIRTS, SHORTS, PANTS OR JEANS.
Not allowed Allowed
Long shirts may be turned into a dress with a
belt and worn with tights underneath AS LONG
AS the belted “dress” is below finger tip length
all the way around.
Unbelted Long shirts may NOT be worn just
with leggings/tights even if the shirt is below
finger tip length
YOGA PANTS ARE NOT ALLOWED
PANTS/SHORTS/SKIRTS MAY NOT HAVE WORDING ACROSS THE BEHIND SUCH
AS “JUICY” OR “PINK”.
• NOT ALLOWED Scarves MAY be
the neck but
MAY NOT be
used to cover
that is out of
Scarves may not
be worn on or
OTHER HEAD COVERINGS
• NO HATS, BANDANAS, OR HEADWRAPS IN THE
BUILDING EXCEPT WHEN APPROVED BY
Bandanas may ONLY
be worn as a
headband and NOT
as a head covering.
• Girls may have 2 earrings in each ear.
• No other piercings are allowed.
• Boys may not wear any piercings.
• NO GAUGES
• Clear spacers may be worn to fill in existing
• ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED
PANTS MUST BE WORN AROUND WAIST AREA
WITH UNDERCLOTHES NOT BEING SEEN!!! (even
if the underclothes are dress code)
ALL OF THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF RULE VIOLATIONS
THROUGH SAGGING OR NO UNDERWEAR SHOWING.