Geo Analytics Tutorial - Where 2.0 2011
by Peter Skomoroch, Principal Data Scientist at LinkedIn on Apr 19, 2011
- 10,597 views
O'Reilly Where 2.0 2011 ...
O'Reilly Where 2.0 2011
As a result of cheap storage and computing power, society is measuring and storing increasing amounts of information.
It is now possible to efficiently crunch Petabytes of data with tools like Hadoop.
In this O'Reilly Where 2.0 tutorial, Pete Skomoroch, Sr. Data Scientist at LinkedIn, gives an overview of spatial analytics and how you can use tools like Hadoop, Python, and Mechanical Turk to process location data and derive insights about cities and people.
* Data Science & Geo Analytics
* Useful Geo tools and Datasets
* Hadoop, Pig, and Big Data
* Cleaning Location Data with Mechanical Turk
* Spatial Tweet Analytics with Hadoop & Python
* Using Social Data to Understand Cities
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views