Social Media for small business

765 views
717 views

Published on

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
765
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
320
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Scotty’s Brewhouse offers discounts and deals to people who check-in such as 10% off, badges, and more
  • Customers have something to gain from engaging with the business
  • Social Media for small business

    1. 1. Social Media Engagement in Small-to-Medium Enterprises: The Case of Scotty’s Brewhouse<br />Sarah Cox<br />
    2. 2. TOPIC<br />Engaging customers has the ability to produce word of mouth success<br />Small businesses can receive positive brand exposure via followers and mentions who microblog about the business<br />
    3. 3. PURPOSE<br />Social media allows businesses to take their brands in directions not possible before<br />Businesses now have the ability to engage with customers at a more meaningful level<br />RQ1: On what social media platform does most of the conversation about Scotty’s Brewhouse take place?<br />RQ2: Is this engagement driven by the company’s efforts or by the public?<br />
    4. 4. RESULTS<br />Conversation over 1 month<br /><ul><li>82.6% Micromedia
    5. 5. 9.5% Blogs
    6. 6. 5% Facebook
    7. 7. < 1% each type remaining</li></li></ul><li>RESULTS<br />Why?<br />
    8. 8. RESULTS<br />4sq Check-ins<br />
    9. 9. RESULTS<br />4sq tweets accounted for 55% of posts<br />What about the remaining 45%?<br />
    10. 10. RESULTS<br /><ul><li>3 of Scotty’s Brewhouse Twitter accounts were in the top 5 influencers on Twitter
    11. 11. 67 out of 305 posts from Scotty’s
    12. 12. Roughly 21% of total posts</li></li></ul><li>IMPORTANCE<br />There is two-way conversation<br />Scotty’s Brewhouse isn’t simply pushing out information<br />Positive brand exposure via followers and mentions who microblog about the business<br />
    13. 13. RELEVANCE<br />Engaging customers has the ability to produce word of mouth success<br />Offering promotions and deals motivates brand loyalty<br />Through the use of Twitter, consumers generate new business and promote the restaurant by retweets and mentions<br />

    ×