Business use cases highlight how big data can drive organizations towards tangible results. These use cases are practical points of reference that emphasize why (and how) investing in big data is worthwhile.
Enterprises use big data in different ways to ‘work’ for
Use cases highlight how big data drives business goals
to tangible results.
Use cases are reference points and emphasize why big
data is worth while.
• Conversations with customers take precedence.
• Carry out Real-time engagement and interactions.
• Target promotions even as customers walk the aisles or
browse items on website.
• Unlock new capabilities like location-based services,
next-best actions for sales and social media insights.
• Valuable machine-data helps predict, plan, and monitor
• Data analytics insights help in diagnostics , avoid
performance issues, and also prevent potential loss.
• Big data makes prioritizing severity issues easy.
• Data-intensive strategy aid in machine criticality
• Track and analyze usage patterns and trends.
• Gather consumer data to optimize distribution.
• Leverage information as a production factor and
strengthen competitive position.
• Develop market and environmental intelligence.
• Big data magnifies the costs and risks of intelligence
sharing; especially those associated with defection.
• Identify reliable intelligence-sharing partners via data
• Machine-learning processes help track developments
• Get time to react pro-actively to avert crisis.
• Powerful analytics tools make unique asset
identification at individual levels possible.
• Big data facilitates optimized and intelligent utility of
usage records and repair histories.
• Data visualization helps derive insights on key patterns
• Intelligent infrastructures improve service delivery, cut
interruptions, and save costs by optimizing assets and
• Clinical data is able to expose disease complexity.
• Big data analysis of medical outcomes, genetic profiles,
and tissue morphology drives personalized medicine.
• Healthcare data helps compare and contrast multiple
data points from numerous sources making tailored
individualized treatment possible.
• Allows solid diagnosis and patient prognosis for best
treatment decisions for individual cases.
• Bridges gap between consumers’ need and want.
• Target key influencers, generate new leads by real-time
sentiment and insights from social media.
• The Web is the world’s largest focus group and
measuring sentiment via big data is a game-changer.
• For brands, big data analytics converts unstructured
data into actionable intelligence.