1. PGC NEWSLETTER 13TH AUG, 2014 1
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“THERE ARE ONLY TWO WAYS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE. ONE IS AS THOUGH
NOTHING IS A MIRACLE. THE OTHER IS AS THOUGH EVERYTHING IS A
• Companies who have not filed their annual reports, financial statements and related
documents due for filing on or before 30/06/2014 can file these documents before
• 2G scam Fresh probe by CBI into Tata-Unitech deal, The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) has started a fresh inquiry into the Rs 1,700-crore land deal between Tata Realty
and Unitech in 2007.
• The country's largest lender SBI today said it has launched a Hindi version of its mobile
application 'State Bank Anywhere'.
• Wipro believes it has turned the corner in engaging with customers in the insurance
vertical and its renewed focus on disruptive technologies should help it climb up the
pecking order in the banking, financial services and insurance space, which will see $7
billion (Rs 42,000) of contracts up for renewal by the end of the 2014.
• The new norms which will be effective from October 1, 2014, capped the number of
boards an independent director can serve at seven; enhanced disclosure of remuneration
• CBI's probe in the Syndicate Bank bribery scandal is opening up new threads. The
agency has got some clues which suggest that there were anomalies in the selection
process of chairman and managing directors of public sector banks during the UPA
RBI / TAX LAW UPDATES
• RBI/2014-15/174 DNBS.CC.PD.No. 405/03.10.01/2014-15, Appointment of Non-
Deposit Accepting NBFCs with asset size of `.100 crore and above as sub- agents under
Money Transfer Service Schemes (MTSS).
• RBI/2013-14/172 A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.20, Deferred Payment Protocols dated
April 30, 1981 and December 23, 1985 between Government of India and erstwhile
Historical Events on 13th August
• 1996 - Microsoft releases Internet Explorer 3.0.
61.24 - 0.15
28,681.0 - 49.0
MCX CRUDE OIL
5,955.0 - 0.43
Dow Jones Industrial
16,561.0 - 9.0
4,389.0 - 12.0